Does Absolute System work?

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by Spike760, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does Absolute System work?

I've used Kangerade since v.1.0 and I loved when Jrummy added the Kangerade Scripts apps since I suck with all the coding; and I pretty much only used it to uninstall unneeded apps; which boosted my Quadrant score over 200 points. I tried to use the Absolute System app which seems to be the same thing as Kangerade scripts to uninstall some apps I don't need such as Pandora and twitter, but everytime I try to uninstall it just says Failure!

Should I clear my data/cache? Or would that be for nothing?

Does anyone else have any problems with it?

Without uninstalling the apps, I can still score a higher Quadrant score on Kangerade 5.0.9 (1606) than with the Lithium Mod (highest was in the 1400's).

2. Droid_2010

Droid_2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everytime I went into it(twice), it just froze up and I had to do a FC. Each time I was trying to set how Apps2sd was setup. Never tried anything else.

EDIT: I did full wipe x 2 and wiped cache data x4 before installing Lithium.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  3. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try using the allinone script, i think (dont quote me on this) Absolute System is still a work in progress, where allinone script wouldnt apply the comic font (only issue i found in it) Absolute System did apply it.

4. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you access the allinone script? Do you need the terminal emulator app?

5. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea terminal emulator, su (enter) allinone (enter) then you just pick different numbers for what you want

i use sufbs, its a root explorer, terminal emu, and a few other things too

6. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks, I downloaded a Terminal Emulator, and was able to use the allinone script. I still only scored a 1488 on the Quadrant test after deleting a few apps, but I also have gotten rid of my TasKiller since then because I thought it was more trouble than it's worth but I think I'm gonna redownload it and try again.

7. Droid_2010

Droid_2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which task killer were you using/trying? Just curious. I'm thinking of trying a few new ones.

BTW, Allinone script worked perfectly for me on lithium.

8. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you guys should try autokiller, i set it to moderate and never hafta kill anything, my system runs smooth

9. canvs2321

canvs2321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If ppl are getting errors with absolute system maybe try downgrading the superuser app. I hear that its forgetting permissions and just generally unstable. I think version 2.2.2 or something likethat

10. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i cant stand superuser 2.2.2 its the one having issues

11. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolute System is working fine for me. The only problem I have is when trying to remove apps (Car Home and News/Weather, for example.) It just says failure when trying to remove them. Everything else is working no problem, though.

12. canvs2321

canvs2321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the don't uninstall just use the file browser to goto the. Directory its installes in. Ie /system/app and delete or rename to remove. Like /system/app/geniewidget.apk to geniewidget.apk.Baker or just delete it. For the weather app

13. canvs2321

canvs2321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The method i have to uninstall apps will not uninstall /system/apps, as package manager won't do it, i'm gonna change it to just delete the apk from /system/apps and it's corresponding /data/data directory. So for now if you are wanting to remove system apps, just use the file browser in absolute system to goto /system/app and just delete or rename the apk to apk.bak if you want to use it at a later time, or just copy it to the sdcard then delete from /system/app

14. canvs2321

canvs2321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just updated the app on the market with a /system/app uninstall fix. As i stated before my previous method wouldn't work with /system/apps so now I just have it delete the .apk file in /system/app and you have the choice still to keep data/cache or remove it :)

15. foxdog

foxdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nice, and i just got the update dancedroid lol

Search tags for this page

what is absolute system used for in android phone