1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does Absolute System work?

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by Spike760, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Does Absolute System work?

I've used Kangerade since v.1.0 and I loved when Jrummy added the Kangerade Scripts apps since I suck with all the coding; and I pretty much only used it to uninstall unneeded apps; which boosted my Quadrant score over 200 points. I tried to use the Absolute System app which seems to be the same thing as Kangerade scripts to uninstall some apps I don't need such as Pandora and twitter, but everytime I try to uninstall it just says Failure!

Should I clear my data/cache? Or would that be for nothing?

Does anyone else have any problems with it?

Without uninstalling the apps, I can still score a higher Quadrant score on Kangerade 5.0.9 (1606) than with the Lithium Mod (highest was in the 1400's).
  2. Droid_2010

Droid_2010 New Member

Everytime I went into it(twice), it just froze up and I had to do a FC. Each time I was trying to set how Apps2sd was setup. Never tried anything else.

EDIT: I did full wipe x 2 and wiped cache data x4 before installing Lithium.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  3. foxdog

foxdog New Member

try using the allinone script, i think (dont quote me on this) Absolute System is still a work in progress, where allinone script wouldnt apply the comic font (only issue i found in it) Absolute System did apply it.
  4. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Where do you access the allinone script? Do you need the terminal emulator app?
  5. foxdog

foxdog New Member

yea terminal emulator, su (enter) allinone (enter) then you just pick different numbers for what you want

i use sufbs, its a root explorer, terminal emu, and a few other things too
  6. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Ok thanks, I downloaded a Terminal Emulator, and was able to use the allinone script. I still only scored a 1488 on the Quadrant test after deleting a few apps, but I also have gotten rid of my TasKiller since then because I thought it was more trouble than it's worth but I think I'm gonna redownload it and try again.
  7. Droid_2010

Droid_2010 New Member

Which task killer were you using/trying? Just curious. I'm thinking of trying a few new ones.

BTW, Allinone script worked perfectly for me on lithium.
  8. foxdog

foxdog New Member

you guys should try autokiller, i set it to moderate and never hafta kill anything, my system runs smooth
  9. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

If ppl are getting errors with absolute system maybe try downgrading the superuser app. I hear that its forgetting permissions and just generally unstable. I think version 2.2.2 or something likethat
  10. foxdog

foxdog New Member

i cant stand superuser 2.2.2 its the one having issues
  11. TedWilliams

TedWilliams New Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Absolute System is working fine for me. The only problem I have is when trying to remove apps (Car Home and News/Weather, for example.) It just says failure when trying to remove them. Everything else is working no problem, though.
  12. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

If the don't uninstall just use the file browser to goto the. Directory its installes in. Ie /system/app and delete or rename to remove. Like /system/app/geniewidget.apk to geniewidget.apk.Baker or just delete it. For the weather app
  13. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

The method i have to uninstall apps will not uninstall /system/apps, as package manager won't do it, i'm gonna change it to just delete the apk from /system/apps and it's corresponding /data/data directory. So for now if you are wanting to remove system apps, just use the file browser in absolute system to goto /system/app and just delete or rename the apk to apk.bak if you want to use it at a later time, or just copy it to the sdcard then delete from /system/app
  14. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

just updated the app on the market with a /system/app uninstall fix. As i stated before my previous method wouldn't work with /system/apps so now I just have it delete the .apk file in /system/app and you have the choice still to keep data/cache or remove it :)
  15. foxdog

foxdog New Member

nice, and i just got the update dancedroid lol
  16. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

Downloaded the update, now it works. :)
    I even used Absolute System LithiumMod Edition to uninstall the Absolute System that came with the ROM.

Thanks for the update. Will be contributing a 5 star rating. :)

Edit //
    Oh btw I use TasKiller free edition but gonna check out the autokiller one. Some apps just reopen by themselves; so I'm not sure if it's even worth having a task killer.
  17. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

i dl'd the updated Absol Sys Lith Mod Ed., but when i try to install any live wallpaper choices and then activate them, i get a FC with this msg: "The application And Live WP (process com.android.wallpapers) has stopped unexpectedly..." do i need to do something with the "process com.android.wallpapers"????

...and when i try "fix permissions" in ROM Mgr (to help resolve the FC) i get this msg: An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands! wtf?!
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  18. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

When installing LWP all it's doing is replacing the LiveWallpapers.apk in /system/app so if it's crashing it could be a corrupt LWP that you are installing, or they might not be compatible with this version of Froyo or maybe try a reboot. other than that, Absolute System did it's job of replacing the LWP :)
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  19. Droid_2010

Droid_2010 New Member

Thanks for your post! Without it I wouldn't have known about the updated Absolute System which I had to do some searching to find a post that mentioned it was on the market. And after you mentioned it, I too used it to remove the other older version.dancedroid

If you don't mind me asking, what kernel mhz are you running? Do you have anything at all running when you run quadrant? For example I leave beautiful widgets and stuff like that going. Or do you kill off EVERYTHING before running quadrant?
  20. Spike760

Spike760 New Member

I have ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz Med Voltage kerenel as of right now. I have no idea how it scored 1606 the one time, because I can't get it to even come close anymore. I can get about 1480 everytime though.

I usually do try to Task kill everything, except my widgets (Beautiful Widgets, Battery Widget, Music Player 4x1, setCPU) which generally leaves me about 70MB of memory. And I do try to push the processor as fast it will handle which is usually 1200MHz max and 1000MHz min; but last night I was able to push it to 1200MHz for both, and still only got like 1488 or something, even after uninstalling the unneeded apps. Might try bumping up the kernel.
Search tags for this page

what is absolute system used for in android phone