New software - Swype word choices?

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
On the old Droid X software if I was typing up a txt msg using Swype, and I messed up a word somewhere along the way, I could just go back and double tap the word and the word choice box would come up and I could just choose the correct word. I did the latest software update, and now it's different...now when I double tap a word, it brings up a little menu that just includes "cut", "copy", or "paste" text. It's really annoying, I just want that word choice box on demand like I used to have!

Anyone have any idea how I can change the settings?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This really should be in the App subforum but...

If I double tap on a word using the latest version of Swype I get a horizontal row of suggested words. If I longpress, I get the menu you mention. It's possible that your double tap is getting misinterpreted for whatever reason.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
On the old Droid X software if I was typing up a txt msg using Swype, and I messed up a word somewhere along the way, I could just go back and double tap the word and the word choice box would come up and I could just choose the correct word. I did the latest software update, and now it's different...now when I double tap a word, it brings up a little menu that just includes "cut", "copy", or "paste" text. It's really annoying, I just want that word choice box on demand like I used to have!

Anyone have any idea how I can change the settings?

With the new version you shouldn't have to double click. Try just clicking on the word once.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
E

Eventergirl31

Reaction score
When I click once on a word, I just get the little carrot/arrow thingie underneath the word I touched. It doesn't highlight the word like the old software did. If I double click I just get the "cut", "copy" menu.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
When I click once on a word, I just get the little carrot/arrow thingie underneath the word I touched. It doesn't highlight the word like the old software did. If I double click I just get the "cut", "copy" menu.

I would try uninstalling swype, then recalibrate your screen, then reinstall it using the swype installer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums