Some Swype Questions

tam5070

Reaction score
Ok so number one, how do I turn off that screen that pops up when you select a word thats not the first choice from the swype list? I don't get it all the time, but when I do it's pretty annoying.

Second, if I swype in a word and its not the word I want, I double tap to highlight it and then swype in a new word. Unfortunately when I do this, it puts an additional space in front of the new word. Is there anyway to turn this off? I still DO want spaces put in whenever I swype a word, just not when I correct a word.

Make sense?

Mr.Hoff

Reaction score
Amen. I feel like the 2nd thing is more of a bug, and I really hope the 1st thing is an option, but I've looked everywhere but have been unsuccessful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sjohn902

Reaction score
Menu > Settings > Language and Keyboard > Swype > World Choice Window. Set the slider to never and that will eliminate the word choice window. You might mess with their other one in order to make it more accurate overall.

Not sure about the second problem.

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
By word choice window do you mean when it pops up with like sill, still, soil etc etc and you can pick one? I like that its just if the third word down is the one i want and I click it, and it brings up the black box option menu thing, that's what I don't want to see.

sjohn902

Reaction score
Not sure what window you're talking about - I actually don't believe I've ever seen it. Maybe go to the settings and disable the tip indicator window? That's the only setting that I think corresponds with what you're describing. Maybe someone else will be able to help more.

Mr.Hoff

Reaction score
Not sure what window you're talking about - I actually don't believe I've ever seen it. Maybe go to the settings and disable the tip indicator window? That's the only setting that I think corresponds with what you're describing. Maybe someone else will be able to help more.

I think he's talking about the tip pop-up. I have that disabled but it still pops up.

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
Yeah it is the tip pop up. Have had it disabled since day one but still pops up.

The space issue that no one has discussed is really my bigger pet peeve. Sucks to think it's just a programming oversight/glitch.

grizer

Reaction score
There is a setting for AutoSpacing. If you disable this you'll always have to use your spacebar. I prefer autospacing off.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, turn the auto spacing off.

I also have "predict word" turned off. Unless I was in college and using my phone to type term papers, I don't mind little mistakes here and there. If the swype doesn't spell it correctly I just tap it in.

I know that doesn't help you much, JMO:)

rastaman

Reaction score
Is this Swype bersion on the X a beta version? Is it a trial thing? Or will I always be able to use it on my X?