Gingerbread + Swype issue.

Vismal

Reaction score
I'm loving rooted gingerbread so far on my X but I am having one super annoying issue involving Swype. Previously on 2.2.1 with the latest swype beta when swype got the word wrong I could double tap the word to bring up the selector box with 4 words to choose from. This feature is very nice because I tend to swype pretty sloppy but my word is almost always in the window. Since the update when I double tap a word the normal 4 word box opens but an edit text box opens in front of it with cut copy paste options. I can hit the back button to remove that box and the word selection box is still up but I can't click the words. I looked around in the options but couldn't find anything to fix this. I would like to be able to double tap to get the selector box and tap and hold to get the edit text box so that both options would be available to me. If anyone has a workaround or if I missed something in the options please let me know.

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
No workaround - for now, that's what we're getting in Swype. I don't know if what's in the rooted GB is the latest beta, though...

charklos

Reaction score
I have that same stupid problem. I HATE it!! What I do is all I can do, hit back to exit the edit menu, then back again to exit the un-selectable word choice window, then delete the word and try again. :-( sucks cuz I love everything else about this 2.3 update. Hopefully they will fix it.

charklos

Reaction score
I forgot to mention my "solution" to this problem.

Lets say you swype a word, but a similar word swypes out. Right now what you're used to is double-tapping the word to bring up the word choice window, but what you're getting is the "edit" popup window. Instead of double-tapping the word, try a longer pause in between taps. You can't wait too long or you'll just be tapping that word twice, lol. I can get it right 9/10 times. It's not a "fix", but it's what I've been doing for now. Hope it helps you!!

Sent from my DROIDX