New smartphone choice..Droid X or wait for Bionic?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by keeper of the plains, Feb 20, 2011.

1. keeper of the plains

keeper of the plains New Member

Well, my contract is up and I have been rockn the lg dare for 2yrs:icon_eek:. Ive just discovered android and im hooked. I was waiting for i phone then started playn w a friends dx and was amazed...I had no idea androids had so many apps. I would love a dx but dont want to miss the 4g bus and the screen resolution.....would u wait?
  2. ObieNobie

ObieNobie New Member

I recently upgraded but with a 1 year contract. It was 70 extra bucks but with all these new phones comeing out I thought it was worth it to be able to have a 4g phone next year

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

As you know it's a personal choice, but "personally" I'd wait to get one of the new phones. The X is truly a special phone, but it's about to be one year old. The Thunderbolt and Bionic are both worth waiting for. IMHO!! :)
  4. keeper of the plains

keeper of the plains New Member

I really wanted to wait, but there is a 50$ off owed to me and the x has a 50$ mail in rebate right now! 100$ 0ff a 200$ price for a NEW DX! Its making It hard to wait.I wonder if verizon can sell certified used w/o a contract?
  5. KSR17

KSR17 New Member

I have a DROID X, and while it's an amazing phone, I'd say to wait for the Bionic's release in Q2. I think of the Bionic as an improved DX, with Verizon's new LTE service and also a front-facing camera, in which both of those are enough for me to want to upgrade my DX for it. Just my opinion. :)