Thunderbolt? Or wait for the Bionic?

OP
King Nothing

King Nothing

Reaction score
The only reason I even see rooting a phone is to delete the bloatware....but I may be wrong. What else would rooting the phone do for me?

Also, if you root the phone you cant recieve updates on the phone?

bL33d

Reaction score
I myself am waiting for the incredible S as its everything i want in a thinner phone and i wont have 4g in my area for a year or 2.

OP
King Nothing

King Nothing

Reaction score
Yeah...I do not know when we'll be receiving 4G...probably within a year or so. but still, the unlimited data for 29.99 is a huge thing considering nobody knows what the teird prices/data is going to be.

Out of all the phones I've played with I have liked the TB, DX, and the Fascinate the most...but the Fascinate is way too outdated now...and the DX is becoming outdated and does not have the 4G....I dont know about you but when 4G gets here I want to be able to use it..I dont want to feel limited.

52brandon

Reaction score
The only reason I even see rooting a phone is to delete the bloatware....but I may be wrong. What else would rooting the phone do for me?

Also, if you root the phone you cant recieve updates on the phone?
Overclocking, custom governors, custom ROMs, themes, a good recovery... There's A LOT of reasons besides just bloat

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I'm a noob and rooting my phone for the first time was the best thing I ever did for a phone I have. I can do so much more now. Such as, fix simple problems with the software by myself like the navigation that couldn't lock on my phone. Custom roms like das bamf is way better than the stock rom.

I can also underclock with setcpu to save battery life.

Droid wall is a huge battery saver for root users.

Did anyone mention wifi tether?

How about backing up the current rom incase you don't like the most recent firmware release?

In answer to your question, you'll be able to get the latest firmware update before verizon releases it.

I haven't even mentioned getting rid of free ads and bloatware.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, Das BAMF

OP
King Nothing

King Nothing

Reaction score
So is there a certain 'Root' or is there only one 'Root'...meaning can you root your phone differently..?

Hateslinger

Reaction score
So is there a certain 'Root' or is there only one 'Root'...meaning can you root your phone differently..?

The first time you root, it's considered a stock root. If you change out the rom, then you're going from the stock rom to a custom rom. Das BAMF is a custom rom which changes the look of the user interface. A rooted stock rom looks the same but is rooted.

OP
King Nothing

King Nothing

Reaction score
I'd probably just want to stock root it...does it still do the same thing?

Hateslinger

Reaction score

Yes. I was on the stock rom for a week until it was giving me problems. I was forced to change roms despite my fear of bricking my phone. It was actually super easy. Das BAMF runs so much better than stock.

52brandon

Reaction score

Yes. I was on the stock rom for a week until it was giving me problems. I was forced to change roms despite my fear of bricking my phone. It was actually super easy. Das BAMF runs so much better than stock.

lol, just remember recovery is your best friend. Make backups and you're good. Bricking is VERY hard to actually do. People panic when their phone is easy to fix