New phones

mdowns989

Reaction score
So I always see people talking about having more that one and sometimes several of the newer handsets that are available.... do these guys just buy them all outright or get them somehow for testing purposes?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A lil of both probably. I have two D1s myself. A lot of devs get phones donated to them too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Big Fate

Reaction score
I hate to be rude but some of yall just be doing too much...
Just looking for reasons to blow your money. My advice to you is if you got money like that, stop investing into a phone and invest into something thats gonna last you, property.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just looking for reasons to blow your money. My advice to you is if you got money like that, stop investing into a phone and invest into something thats gonna last you, property.

In some cases, I'd agree. I got my other Droid for $50 from a friend though to use as a guinea pig as I'm learning to theme.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lil of both probably. I have two D1s myself. A lot of devs get phones donated to them too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Good point! I had not thought about that.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
No reason to have to "hate to be rude"...just dont be rude...its easy. Its no one elses place to tell someone else, especially someone you dont know, how to go about spending their money.

Like another poster said, sometimes people snag newer phones from people who like to upgrade to the newest, fastest etc...no shame in that. The people who do upgrade like crazy, obviously have the means to do so...and are augmented by people willing to by their older tech.

Personally, I have my eyes open right now for either a Droid 1 or an HTC Incredible...just so I can start tearing into Android and not have to worry about toasting my personal daily use phone. Granted, I would love to be able to snag another DX, but its not worth it to me to spend $400-$500 on a device to intentionally brick it just to see if I can unbrick it...but thats just me.

Big Fate

Reaction score
No reason to have to "hate to be rude"...just dont be rude...its easy. Its no one elses place to tell someone else, especially someone you dont know, how to go about spending their money.

Like another poster said, sometimes people snag newer phones from people who like to upgrade to the newest, fastest etc...no shame in that. The people who do upgrade like crazy, obviously have the means to do so...and are augmented by people willing to by their older tech.

Personally, I have my eyes open right now for either a Droid 1 or an HTC Incredible...just so I can start tearing into Android and not have to worry about toasting my personal daily use phone. Granted, I would love to be able to snag another DX, but its not worth it to me to spend $400-$500 on a device to intentionally brick it just to see if I can unbrick it...but thats just me.

Hey just stating the facts... Granted theres nothing wrong if you got a killer deal, i'm all for killer deals.

But whenever you gotta ask a question like:
'So I always see people talking about having more than one and sometimes several of the newer handsets that are available.... do these guys just buy them all outright or get them somehow for testing purposes?"

Means you dont really need it, you just looking to blow money. And if your gonna blow money like that all i'm saying is why not invest it? Simple is that. BUTTTTT thats just me.

Bro KV

Reaction score
I have 4 phones on my plan and no one uses the upgrades but me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Raptor007

Reaction score
I typically sell my outgoing phone when I get a new one, and yes I have and will paid retail if I am not within my upgrade window. Its my choice and it works for me.

droided1

Reaction score
Spending money "is frowned upon in this establishment" /etrade

Big Fate

Reaction score
Spending money "is frowned upon in this establishment" /etrade

Yea theres a difference... That statement is coming from Etrade which is an Investment= Money coming in.

Now spending money on countless phones= money going out.

Please dont compare the two

droided1

Reaction score
I guess I "be doing too much."
Get money, player!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Fate, have you read the PM I sent you earlier this week?