new phone

madgentry

Reaction score
I currently have a droid bionic and i was looking to change to a droid razr (white) and i was hoping to find out if anyone here can sell one or give me a reference to a place to buy one for cheap (less than $150). it can be used/refurbished and if it is not i use verizon.

thanks!

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Are you looking to stay "off contract" or have it subsidised and sign a new contract? Places like Best Buy or offering the Razr Maxx for "free" with a new contract. I'd also think more about getting a Razr Maxx instead of the regular Razr as there is a huge difference in battery life.

Finally, be very careful with Craigs List. Someone I know just bought a new phone locally and paid a lot for it. He even "tried it out" and made a call to verify that it worked. Shortly after purchasing it, it was reported as stolen and blacklisted. It no longer works.

A safer bet would be eBay where at least you get some buyer protection. Most sellers will post the ESN so you can check it and see if it is good.

David

OP
M

madgentry

Reaction score
Im looking to change phones. I currently have a contract with the bionic but i am not eligible for another upgrade for almost a year and i have cracked my screen and im just becoming tired of the phone. From what ive herd, the razr is much faster and liked more than the bionic.

Thanks!

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
I'm going through an almost identical situation looking for a razr because my current one has a cracked screen. Definitely use craigslist. I'm in the same price bracket with you and I'll just warn you that it's a tight one. $150 is relatively uncommon. Most are asking $200 and up (even $300). I even lowered my target price to $100 with very little luck. Fortunately (today coincidentally) I was able to haggle a guy down from $150 to $100 and am going to check it out today. Will see how it goes. Good luck!

4low4fun

Reaction score
So here is my recent experience with Craigslist.
I loved my DROID 4 but it just didn't have the battery to get me through the day since I'm a heavy user and I work 12+ hour shifts..
So I found a RAZR maxx on Craigslist for $250. The guy claimed it was brand new and barely used. He said he preferred his nexus. Met the guy at a verizon store. Played with the phone while we waited for my name to be called. The esn checked out so I bought it. Later that day I kept having trouble maintaining a stable network connection. I took it back to verizon thinking I had a bad sim card. The rep told me no that was a common problem with these phones... luckily I had insurance on my DROID 4 and somehow it carried over to my maxx!!! So he had them overnight a certified like new replacement and all is well!!! I couldn't believe the verizon rep let me get a new phone! I even told him I bought the darn thing off of Craigslist!!

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
So here is my recent experience with Craigslist.
I loved my DROID 4 but it just didn't have the battery to get me through the day since I'm a heavy user and I work 12+ hour shifts..
So I found a RAZR maxx on Craigslist for $250. The guy claimed it was brand new and barely used. He said he preferred his nexus. Met the guy at a verizon store. Played with the phone while we waited for my name to be called. The esn checked out so I bought it. Later that day I kept having trouble maintaining a stable network connection. I took it back to verizon thinking I had a bad sim card. The rep told me no that was a common problem with these phones... luckily I had insurance on my DROID 4 and somehow it carried over to my maxx!!! So he had them overnight a certified like new replacement and all is well!!! I couldn't believe the verizon rep let me get a new phone! I even told him I bought the darn thing off of Craigslist!!

Are you sure you didn't bribe him? LOL

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
eBay, Craigslist, swappa
I've bought 3 phones on CL last year alone. Droid X2, Galaxy s3, and Maxx HD and never had one problem. But that being said, I know I'm just REALLY lucky. For whatever reason, I'm more worried about buying from eBay lol

cris

Reaction score
i dont know if this would work for you but, when my HTC incredible took a dump, i wasent able to get a upgrade for 6 months, so i called verizon and talked to a rep there who actully helped me out. she let me upgrade to the droid razr and although i still had to pay, it wasent a full price deal, plus i had 2 lines so i switched over to there share plan which saved me 75 a month. the phone was 100 but because i switched to 4G they knocked off 50. its worth a shot.

i have a chance now to upgrade from my razr but nothing is talking to me at the moment. lol