Keep refurbished or new razr?

modestokid209

Reaction score
So my brand new razr was kinda messin up for like 5 mins. The volume wasnt goin up or down. So verizon sent me a refurbished razr. But now my original one isnt doin anything wrong. I got till sunday, do i keep my original phone or try the refurbished?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So my brand new razr was kinda messin up for like 5 mins. The volume wasnt goin up or down. So verizon sent me a refurbished razr. But now my original one isnt doin anything wrong. I got till sunday, do i keep my original phone or try the refurbished?

Funny, I had a similar situation. I decided I'd rather have the brand new one than someone else's problems.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Thats wat im thinkin bout doing. I mean someone sentbit back to verizon for a reason u no?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thats wat im thinkin bout doing. I mean someone sentbit back to verizon for a reason u no?

You'd think so. I'd stay with the new one. If you have problems in the future, they're going to send a refurb to you at that time. Until then, if that ever happens, you are at least assured the only problems you will have are unique to you and your phone.

Wopback

Reaction score
Funny, I had a similar situation. I decided I'd rather have the brand new one than someone else's problems.

Same here kept the new one.......however, I had another issue and they resent me a refurbished one again. I kept the refurb and WOW!! It works better than my new one did....

Try them each out, all u gotta do is swap the sim

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Ok ya ima try it out today. I have the refurbished one they sent me and my original. Ima check the refurbished one.out now actually

Reaction score

Keep in mind that if a customer buys a brand new RAZR, then after 10 days just decides it is not the phone for them, that device is now added to the certified like New stock. Once a phone leaves the store Verizon cannot sell it as brand new anymore so just because you get a certified device, that does not mean it was returned for problems. It could be a brand new device with zero issues.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Ya im.playin with the refurbed one right now. Trying to see if it has better battery life and isnt messin up

R

RETG

Refurbished can be better than new. The techs have to certify the phones which includes getting out some of the bugs and kinks that the new ones were sold with.

True, but not true.

Yes, they go through an x-number of checks (if I remember 100); however, if the phone has an intermittent problem it will not be found. I had an X that when coming off the cradle had a half-black screen and had to be re-booted. The replacement had the same problem. Per a tech I talked with that is one of those items that will not show up in the checks done on a refurbished phone.

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Ya i was playn with it and got a phone call and the earpiece speaker is messed up so sendin it back

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I have a refurshished one due to not getting the upgrade to install, and it works better than my original RAZR. It seems to run faster, and smoother. :)

Huckle2

Reaction score
My "certified like new" replacement has performed much better than the previous 2 new razrs. No issues....yet!