So Buying a Phone From....

rastaman_

Reaction score
So what's up with buying a phone from Wirefly? The Droid Razr Maxx HD is $650 at Verizon (if I upgrade early-even though I've been with Verizon since the mid-90's) and it's $150 at Wirefly? What's the difference? Besides $500?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am guessing Wire fly needs a "plan" at that price.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

tommyg562000

Reaction score
The Verizon price that you quoted is the non contract price. This means you won't be extending your contract with Verizon, so no subsidy. The wirefly price you will be extending your contract. No matter though, if Verizon won't give you upgrade pricing neither will wirefly. Wirefly will query your Verizon account to verify that you are eligible for an upgrade and based on hour post, you are not eligible.

OP
R

rastaman_

Reaction score
So I'm stuck until my upgrade is available? I was looking to buy a phone from somewhere besides paying $650.......

JohnFH

Reaction score
If there is another phone on your Verizon account with an earlier upgrade date, you could use that upgrade for your phone. Otherwise, you may gave to wait. Judging from many forum posts which I've seen, it's difficult to get Verizon to offer an early upgrade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always look at Amazon or any other reputable seller. I know people have bought phones on eBay.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2