New phone, first attempt at rooting failed. Need more help.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
nope all i did was put that on my sdcard and click install from recovery. everything went perfect!! i always wanted to see this bugless beast. saw it....

P.S. ALL my recoveries were junk. not one would work to fix me.

OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
nope all i did was put that on my sdcard and click install from recovery. everything went perfect!! i always wanted to see this bugless beast. saw it....

So by install from recovery, and all recovery were junk previously, you mean you went to Nandroid and tried to restore a previous copy but when you rebooted this time you got past the Motorola logo and it booted Bugless Beast? Then you used UD within Bugless Beast to convert back to stock?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

So by install from recovery, and all recovery were junk previously, you mean you went to Nandroid and tried to restore a previous copy but when you rebooted this time you got past the Motorola logo and it booted Bugless Beast? Then you used UD within Bugless Beast to convert back to stock?

when i tried to use a backup i got errors with all of them. i mounted my droid via the recovery screen and installed that update.zip and it put BB on my phone. THEN i did a wipe/factory reset and installed UD. you have to change the name from ultimatedroid to update.zip.

i just reread that. if you want to go back to stock...after you do that first update.zip go flash droidmod and use the option to go back to stock. that's the easiest way.

OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Followed the steps... loaded my craptastic recovery that would never get me past Moto logo, and now it just loaded the red eye and DROID word. You are awesome!!

*EDIT*

I kind of followed your instructions a little too closely and chose not to "update" update.zip, even though it was probably self explanatory... you didn't list it in the additional instructions lol. I have probably put myself in a worse position, but who knows. I'm just glad I'm not staring at Motorola anymore.

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YAY i'm so happy for you!! i was in hell yesterday so i feel yur pain lol

OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I guess I should have updated it as I initially thought, because now I'm stuck in the red eye/ droid boot loop process. But this is much cooler to look at, so now instead of a Motorola branded paperweight, it's a flashy one! :D

**EDIT**

I actually have been looking into that, but because this is my first time I don't really know the differences between all the ROMs. However it looks good anyway! And support is right here on this forum...

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
try doing it again but this time do a wipe/factory reset.

OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Yeah I am trying that now. I am not sure if I need to reapply to update again as I did it once all by itself then attempted a reboot. Do I need to reapply this again? Or wipe data, cache, then Nandroid restore, reboot?

*EDIT* I just followed the instructions I listed, without reapplying the update (after doing it the initial time, I do infact have the update you gave me installed) and I am now up and running. I have a working (looking) Droid!

Thanks a lot for your patience and EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM! A lot of people contributed without even realizing it. I probably read half of this damn forum already, I am full on Droid knowledge at the moment. Have to retry to learn more later.

Droidforums.net FTW!

Last edited:
OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I checked to see if my phone had Superuser Permissions, and it had one line of text in it which contained (I THINK!!!) a string of numbers and a "/" key. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I immediately clicked it without reading it and was presented a blank screen. Now every time I revisit Superuser Permissions from the applications pull-up menu, I see nothing but black space below "Superuser Permissions"

What do I do now? >_<

After the previous issues I had, I am not sure if this means I have rooted my Droid or not :p

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
that is all you should see as far as i know. go download setcpu from the market and see if SU pops up asking for permission after you open it

i think you can type # then hit enter as well to make sure you still have it

OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Oh no! That sucks! My 3G is still down and I can't do it. On another note........ # enter made me dial a number ..... was I supposed to have that app open? :p

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh no! That sucks! My 3G is still down and I can't do it. On another note........ # enter made me dial a number ..... was I supposed to have that app open? :p

where did you type #? in your phone?!!! lol type it in superuser. i have to leave for work so good luck lol

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Open your app drawer, if you see the Ninja icon, you probably have SU permission. Or just try running SetCPU, it needs root to run.

As far as 3G, check your wireless networks settings for data, it may be disabled or something silly. Glad you got up to this point though. :)