New Phone Battery Advice

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by marius, Nov 20, 2010.

1. marius

marius New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive ordered a Motorola Defy
    The battery saving features are like on the droid x or droid 2 but it has a larger battery of 1540 mAh
    So my question is how do i charge my battery right from the first charge and so on.
    I saw people getting 3 days of normal use
    I dont use accounts background data or sync so i want to get even more
    I had a milestone(droid 1) which i charged as the box said(first charge to 100% then use) that lasted for 20 minutes and then the battery lowered by 10%
    Just by looking through the web.

THANKS

2. marius

marius New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And the pople saying they got so good of a batt life
    Didnt charge it out of the box but let it discharge
    How does that work?

3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Most of us are rooted and underclocking our phones on idle to get better battery life.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. marius

marius New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    but what about charging technique?

5. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was a "Battery freak" (not saying you are :)) for most of my droid life doing everything I could to get a few more minutes out of my battery. I bought chargers for my work, car, and several for around the home. I even read how Lithium Ion batteries don't like to go to a low % charge and prefer to be kept charged with minimal drain. The slower you charge a battery the less harsh it is on the battery, so I got some non-droid chargers that weren't as powerful as the stock Droid charger.

In the end, I realized on Amazon I can get a Droid OEM battery for $3. So now I'm just trying to enjoy my droid, I have data sync on, I have a ton of apps on my phone (before I tried to have just a few to save battery), and I'm enjoying going to webpages even though that drains the **** out of my battery. I'm focusing more on enjoying my phone than saving a few hours on my battery since I sit at a desk with a charger next to me 99% of the time anyway. lol.

So --- lithium ion batteries don't take draining all the way very well (like Nickle Metal Hydride or Cadium batteries), they like to be kept near a 100% charge (but use them a bit), slower charging chargers help the longevity of your battery rather than the faster charging ones, and trying to keep it near 100% as much as you can instead of letting it drain.

6. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ancient history. Charge it when it needs to be charged. By the time any charging pattern ruins the battery, it will be time for a new phone. Don't let the battery rule you. When it needs charging, charge it. If it's half way down but you want to be sure to get a full day out of it, charge it. Don't want to be tethered to a charging cord? Get a spare battery and a stand alone wall charger and swap batteries.

Search tags for this page
how long are you to charge a brand new motorola defy xt
how long can it take to recharge battery of motorola.defy

how long does it take charge the motorola deck

how long should i charge my motorola defy xt for the first t

how long to charge motorola defy plus

how to save battery life on a motorola defy xt

motorola defy battery first charge

motorola defy plus how long to charge

motorola defy xt and initial charge

motorola defy xt underclock