Battery drain on original droid

crossfire

Reaction score
This is a great phone, the only problem, which i know many people have found is the battery life. I bought a battery DIRECTLY from the verizon store yesterday charged it twice. Wifi, bluetooth, sync, and bright screen are off, i do the app killer as much as possible, and i haven't used it much during the second charge cycle of this battery's life. After my second full charge, i did nothing and a few hours later, it is already down to 80% or whatever. after the first charge cycle, the internet was in use for a while off the 3g network, not wifi, so i understand that and i was also using the internet while charging a second time. Why does my battery always drain so quickly?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remove the app/task killer. The Android OS does a fantastic job of managing apps.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The app killer is like a weed whacker. The app will just come back, using power to do that.

There's a factors like where you are (a poor signal will make the phone use more power) to see what's causing the battery to drop. I use Screebl and I understand Juice Defender is another good battery saving app.

When I used the OEM battery it would last 16-17 hours with BT and GPS on and not doing anything special. I have the extended battery which gives me enough power for the day.

kdub

Reaction score
I have found that I'd better charge the phone every night, or else I'll wake up to a dead phone, even if I don't use the phone that much the day before and it seems there is plenty of charge at the end of the day. However, its not too bad because it seems like the phone charges very quickly, like maybe an hour or so and the thing is fully charged.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does my battery always drain so quickly?
Have you used the battery info screen or any apps to see what's using your battery? Have you used any apps to see what's using your CPU? It's impossible for us to say -- we're not psychic.