New Moto Z for 2019? (and other new Moto Phone rumors)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The folks over at XDA have reported that they have rumored intel on a new Moto Z phone for 2019, code named Odin. Could this be the Moto Z4? Apparently the phone will be running a new Snapdragon chip and will work with the upcoming 5G Moto Mod. If that is true then that also means that all previous Moto Mods would fit, since the 5G Mod is the same size & shape as all former Moto Z phones. This is surprising since Moto made it seem like they were only committing to 3 years of Moto Mod compatibility. If this rumored new phone will work with former Moto Mods then maybe they have decided to continue Moto Mod support for a fourth generation of Moto Z? Of course this is all rumors at this point, so take this with a few grains of salt. It's always possible that "Odin" will not be a Moto Mod phone and just have internal 5G functionality; or it's also possible that this is just a prototype that will never see the light of day.

Source - XDA: Motorola "Odin" is coming with the Snapdragon 8150 and 5G Moto Mod

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Moto may not be the king of flagships, but they are sure looking the be the name for budget phones. The Motorola One may be the next recommended phone for those wishing to save. I just need the price to be shaved by $100 to make the sale almost guaranteed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It was a major Disappointment not seeing a Moto Z3 Force. It was also a Disappointment seeing Moto continue to use the SD835 that was in the Z2 in the Z3 instead of the current SD845. Sure the Z3 has a Larger but Lower Res & Most Important a Breakable Screen. I am still happy with my Moto Z Force with its SD820 & 3500mAh Battery. It is still the only phone I do not put in a case thanks to the Shattershield Display. It may not be my Daily Driver but I still wont Part with it. I love the Moto Mods even though they are still expensive. I would like to see a Moto Z4 Force with the SD855, 8GB Ram and 128GB and still support all the current Moto Mods.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Moto lost me, possibly for good, after NOT releasing a Z3 Force. You have lead everyone with the unbreakable phone Moto. I still cannot believe after all this time no one has tried to compete with you on this. It's all you!
Figure out how to make it unscratchable AND unbreakable and you might get me back...

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Moto lost me, possibly for good, after NOT releasing a Z3 Force. You have lead everyone with the unbreakable phone Moto. I still cannot believe after all this time no one has tried to compete with you on this. It's all you!
Figure out how to make it unscratchable AND unbreakable and you might get me back...
Other Manufacturers will be getting to this point. With Foldable Screens we will start seeing increased durability. I agree the lack of a Z3 Force was a disappointment but the lack of upgrading the SoC in the Z3 from the Z2 was a bad move as well.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
But what phone would you get instead?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

He already moved on....to the One Plus.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
One Plus 6T

Well there is no other choice for an unbreakable screen. So at first I moved to the Essential phone. I've always had an itch to try a smaller niche brand and it got great reviews. I got it dirt cheap and it wasn't quite as amazing as some made it out to be. Cracked the screen, as I knew I would because that's just what I do and only Moto guarantee(d) that couldn't happen.
So then I kept seeing these awesome reviews for a brand I didn't really know. Got the 6T...and for the first time ever paid for an accidental damage warranty. Another Moto advantage: saving money on AD warranty.
Yeah, Moto....I'm still a little salty. I expected something extraordinary on the Z3...not a minor .5 refresh with THE killer feature removed.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
One Plus 6TWell there is no other choice for an unbreakable screen. So at first I moved to the Essential phone. I've always had an itch to try a smaller niche brand and it got great reviews. I got it dirt cheap and it wasn't quite as amazing as some made it out to be. Cracked the screen, as I knew I would because that's just what I do and only Moto guarantee(d) that couldn't happen.
So then I kept seeing these awesome reviews for a brand I didn't really know. Got the 6T...and for the first time ever paid for an accidental damage warranty. Another Moto advantage: saving money on AD warranty.
Yeah, Moto....I'm still a little salty. I expected something extraordinary on the Z3...not a minor .5 refresh with THE killer feature removed.

The one plus 6 what brand is that what's it do that you like about it?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The one plus 6 what brand is that what's it do that you like about it?

The brand is One Plus.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The brand is One Plus.

I just read the specs ita Seema like a fast phone but no shatter shield and no easy recharge with Moto mods the 2 things I want plus ideally water proof. It's not available in Verizon. Pere what's the draw the fast speed?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just read the specs ita Seema like a fast phone but no shatter shield and no easy recharge with Moto mods the 2 things I want plus ideally water proof. It's not available in Verizon. Pere what's the draw the fast speed?

You aren't going to find a Shattershield screen on any phone other than a Moto - Droid Turbo 2, Z Force or Z2 Force. Those were the only three phones ever made with Shattershield.