Lenovo and Motorola Announce the Moto Z and Moto Z Force (with Droid Editions!)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
On the T1 it was certainly a fact. I tested it. Assume T2. No clue 6P.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
My Turbo gets quite Hot when using the Wireless or QC. The main difference is the QC Takes much less time. It was much worse when I had my Otterbox Defender on it but now i am using it Caseless and only have a Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I was considering a Turbo 2 for the Shattershield but now the Droid Force is in my Sights. I do wish especially since they won't be released for a few months that they had Newer SnapDragons than the Current 820 like maybe the rumored 830.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey folks, check out this video. Wild graphic representation of the transformation of regular tabletop or bookshelf speakers into the JBL Moto Mod. Then from a tabletop video projector into the projector Mod, but also take notice of the following. There a representation of batteries and charging cables morphing into a battery pack with wireless charging back panel. All done to a song speaking of "the chains of time".

As I said, it would be easy to make a wireless charging only back panel, and I envision it could be so thin and with pass-through connectors that it could fit sandwiched between the phone and perhaps the speaker Mod for instance, making it so you could leave the back on all the time and just add the Moto Mod of your choice over it at will.

Of course it wouldn't function with for example the speakers on over it but not having to take it off in order to add the speakers would be awesome.

Also, I thought I read that the speakers had a 1,000 mAh battery as a part of the package so it would not impede the battery of the phone and also doubles as supplemental power.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure about the speakers Fox, but during the press conference yesterday they did say the projector has a one hour battery pack built in, for one hour of projection time before using the phones battery.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hope the Speaker is reasonably Priced. That is the only Mod I'm interested in. Although the Battery adding almost another Day of use is interesting. Too Bad the Battery Mod does not have the Ability to use as a Power Pack itself.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm not sure about the speakers Fox, but during the press conference yesterday they did say the projector has a one hour battery pack built in, for one hour of projection time before using the phones battery.

Yes, and I read 10 hours battery power for the speakers! YAY!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hope the Speaker is reasonably Priced. That is the only Mod I'm interested in. Although the Battery adding almost another Day of use is interesting. Too Bad the Battery Mod does not have the Ability to use as a Power Pack itself.
Not sure I understand what you mean. The battery Mod IS a Power Pack. Perhaps I'm missing your point. Do you mean as a power source for something else via an external port, such as to (cough), charge your iPhone too? :eek::D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Don't know if anyone saw these but I figured I'd post them here.

From Motorola's website;

Free storage with Google Photos
Your Moto Z Force Droid Edition comes with up to two years of free storage at original quality in Google Photos, the smarter way to store photos and videos. They’re automatically backed up, organized, and searchable, so you can find and share photos faster than ever.⁷

7. Promotional offer must be redeemed by March 31, 2017. Two-year period begins when the first photo or video is backed up to Google Photos from an eligible device. This offer is limited to a single Google account, as identified by a unique ID, can only be redeemed once per Google account ID, and cannot be combined with other offers, and is not transferable. User must select original upload size in settings to take advantage of this offer. Offer available only in countries where the Google Photos service is available. Use of Google Photos is subject to the Google Photos Terms of Service available atGoogle Terms of Service – Privacy & Terms – Google, the Google Privacy Policy availablePrivacy Policy – Privacy & Terms – Google.
This means that you get unlimited free backup of all 21MP photos and videos at full original resolution, on the fly, and for an entire 2 years! That's awesome.

TurboPower™ Charging
Get up to 15 hours of battery life in 15 minutes.⁴

4. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. World's fastest charging smartphone based on average smartphone charging rate (mA). Tests compared other premium smartphones with standard USB charging using their in-box rapid charging solution. Testing as of May 2016​

Pretty cool...World's Fastest charging smartphone. And with a huge battery, the Z Force is just another step forward from the Turbo and Turbo 2.

Moto ShatterShield™ display
5.5 Quad HD display, guaranteed not to crack or shatter.²

2. The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of purchase; scratches or other damage to the protective lens is not covered by this warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components. This phone is not shockproof or designed to withstand all damage from dropping. All other warranty exclusions, including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, normal wear and tear and other limitations apply; Visit www.motorola.com/shattershield for additional details.
Four YEARS warranty against cracking or shattering. Again, smashing the competition. Looks like Moto (Lenovorola), is finally bringing their A-game.

Camera specs.

Rear Camera
21 MP
ƒ/1.8 aperture
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
Laser Autofocus
Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF)
Zero Shutter Lag
Color Correlated Temperature (CCT) flash with dual LEDs
1.12um pixel with Deep Trench Isolation (DTI)
Professional mode
Quick Capture
Best Shot
Scan barcodes, QR codes and Business cards
Google Photos integration with free original file size backup for two years
Shutter button or tap anywhere to capture
8X digital zoom
Burst mode
Auto Night mode
Auto HDR
Closed loop processing
Panorama
Drag to focus & exposure
Video Stabilization
1080p HD video (30 fps and 60 fps)
4K video (30fps)
Slow Motion video
Video HDR (1080p and 4K)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Not sure I understand what you mean. The battery Mod IS a Power Pack. Perhaps I'm missing your point. Do you mean as a power source for something else via an external port, such as to (cough), charge your iPhone too? :eek::D

Basically, yes! But any other device. Id use for headset.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have quick charging than wireless charging. My MAXX would take forever to charge with wireless. 6P in 15 minutes I have plenty of juice to last me hours.
I want both, no exceptions. This day and age not to include everything available is stupid in my opinion, especially in moto's dire situation.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I want both, no exceptions. This day and age not to include everything available is stupid in my opinion, especially in moto's dire situation.
I agree that on most phones, not having it is a big oversight. But on this phone it's just not possible, as FoxKat pointed out very well. It's not stupid of Moto in this phone, it's just not possible with the design, and the Moto Mods make up for the minor lack of wireless charging.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. I just hope every back add on has wireless charging coil.