New Member HELP! Trouble with calls going from screen to banner

kasper50

Reaction score
I've had my phone since last August and all of a sudden when I'm on a telephone call and a take the phone from my ear, the telephone screen has disappeared and I have to pull down the banner manually to either end the call or anything else on the phone screen. This happens even after a couple of seconds. I have went to the settings and changed the display to two minutes and this doesn't work either. Does anyone know what causes this or how to switch back? Any help would be appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my phone since last August and all of a sudden when I'm on a telephone call and a take the phone from my ear, the telephone screen has disappeared and I have to pull down the banner manually to either end the call or anything else on the phone screen. This happens even after a couple of seconds. I have went to the settings and changed the display to two minutes and this doesn't work either. Does anyone know what causes this or how to switch back? Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds to me like something is blocking the proximity sensor. If something isn't blocking it then it may be defective. You have 2 choices. Keep your phone, download screebl and have the screen stay on while you are on a call, or get a warranty replacement. I would go for the replacement.

OP
K

kasper50

Reaction score

Sounds to me like something is blocking the proximity sensor. If something isn't blocking it then it may be defective. You have 2 choices. Keep your phone, download screebl and have the screen stay on while you are on a call, or get a warranty replacement. I would go for the replacement.

I tried making a call away from my face. As soon as the placed my thumb near the speaker the screen went blank, when I took my thumb off the screen reappeared, but it was the home screen and while the call was still going on I was only able to see the home screen with the banner at the top blinking green to indicate a current call. I have to pull down the banner and select the current call to get back to the phone screen. Is this a sensor problem or a settings problem?

OP
K

kasper50

Reaction score
Problem Solved! I called the Verizon tech folks. After a five minute battery pull and *228 system update the phone is cleared of this and some other minor bugs that were pissing me off. Thanks for the help though.dancedroid