Droid Won't Make Calls Now!

Black C5 Z06

Reaction score
Starting with the last update earlier this week, I have been having a hell of a time with this stupid phone. The biggest problem is I will have good (3-4 bars) signal and 3G, and when I attempt to make a call, 3G disappears and the bars disappear. Instantly. When that happens it just sits at the "Dialing" screen. As soon as I end the call all my bars and 3G will come back. I've tried turning the phone on and off and nothing helps. This is ridiculously frustrating.

It has gotten the worst today. I can no longer receive calls either. I have been able to make only three calls today and the one call I did receive, as soon as I answered, it cut the call off.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! 3G turning off while on a call is normal. Not being able to receive/make calls is not. Lots of ppl are having problems with the OTA update and Verizon is doing a great job working with them. Take your droid in to Verizon and they'll either flash the update right there or give you a new droid (most likely the droid2). Good luck! :D

OP
Black C5 Z06

Black C5 Z06

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! 3G turning off while on a call is normal. Not being able to receive/make calls is not. Lots of ppl are having problems with the OTA update and Verizon is doing a great job working with them. Take your droid in to Verizon and they'll either flash the update right there or give you a new droid (most likely the droid2). Good luck! :D
Thanks for the advice. I took it in and they just said to do a hard reset. Did that and so far it's been fine.

Thanks again.

fighterpilot

Reaction score
did the hard reset, and well it wont connect to activate it. this is pissing me off

hoff56501

Reaction score
got new phone. was working great until the 2.2 puch happened, now no gps im getting vary pissed with this

LanceRomance

Reaction score
Resentful

:icon_evil:I'm going back to blackberry.................. Anyone wanna buy a Droid X? i have had this phone for less than a month & for two weeks it would only vibrate when I received calls. I could still play mp3's & ringtones. After doing a master reset & updating, the phone was back to normal (somewhat).... Now when I attempt to make a call, it just sits on the placing call screen, I let it sit for two minutes, no changes, it said connected but none of the attempts connected to my contacts...... Here we go again, Master Reset........ Resolved! I'm sick of this, I'm going to reactivate my curve......... Anyone wanna buy a Droid X drop me an offer.:icon_evil:

hoff56501

Reaction score
first 1 did that, got new phone worked until i did the software update, then lost gps, third phone has been working good so far