New market

bharrismac

Reaction score
For some reason, my phone hasn't updated the market to the latest version (the 3.something one). I only noticed because I was asked to download an app on my dad's droid 3. He had the new version and I didn't. Any ideas as to why I don't have the new one or how I could update it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I just got it today. Something to try is to go into Manage Apps, find the market, and clear the cache, force close it, and clear the data. Then reopen the market.

If that doesn't work then it just hasn't been pushed for your device yet. It will soon enough.

kilowatt

Reaction score
Well, actually I just checked and it got updated in the last few minutes while I was posting. I didn't do anything to prompt it.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Well, actually I just checked and it got updated in the last few minutes while I was posting. I didn't do anything to prompt it.

Haha, same just happened to me. I was reading this thread and decided to go try the clear data/force close method to get it, but it already updated in the past few hours I've been off the phone. Strange.

OP
bharrismac

bharrismac

Reaction score
I was in the middle of downloading an app when the download quit. I reopened the market and it had updated. I had to redownload said app,but the problem is now solved.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
One feature that seems to be missing in the new market > settings > there is no option to notify if updates available

Bdog

Reaction score
First time I used my market on this phone was the old one. Closed it as a single app was downloading and the download disappeared. Opened market back up and it was the new atrocity. Uninstalled updates and got my old market back, until the next time I opened it. Now I have to repeat the process every time I need to get on.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I miss the long press menu. That's gone all together.

end of line...