New Market issues.

acoers

Reaction score
I got the new Market version 3.3.11. And one of the options in the settings is Auto-update apps. Well i got that check marked and all my apps set to Allow automatic updating. Well for some reason there not updating automatically. I usually go into my apps in the market and see that there is a update. Has anyone else had this problem yet with the new version..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've noticed it doesn't update instantly when an update is detected. Also if permissions have changed it wont auto update either.

LLR0717

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
You said if permissions have changed it wont auto update either. So what do i need to rechange to get it to work?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
There isn't a way to automatically update an app if it's permissions have changed. This is a security feature to prevent apps from getting more privileges after an update and potentially spying or being malicious.

Auto updates may happen once a day. I would check back tomorrow and see if the updates had happened. If not, perhaps you have background data turned off or some other setting/app that is causing the problem...or of course maybe it is a bug with the market app.

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Yeah I got background data turn on. So I guess ill just see what happeneds.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Nope not doing that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
I think that the market has internal settings to check for updates on a periodic basis, and it is then that it automatically updates apps that are set that way. If you go into the market manually, I think that you need to update manually.

Just wait for it to update the apps when it gets to it.