New list "End of Life" Androids>MDroid listed

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
just sayin'... maybe all Android phones end, I can think of one phone that won't end any time soon. There's something to be said for longevity.

HarshReality

Reaction score
Dont confuse End of Life with end of support. While it might mean M is putting things to rest there is more than enough support outside of them to keep the D1 more than alive :)

OP
kmo

kmo

Reaction score
I totally agree, I have a phone that will soon hit the shelf too and I sure hope I will continue to get support. That's the problem once these hit the shelf how long will support last? Who knows? I just wish at some point someone other than Apple will come out with a device that I know I can rely on being here for me in the long run. I understand products come and go but iphone is a flagship. That's what Android needs is a few "flagships" that will get updated but will not get shelved after a few months. If the Droid, Incredible, etc. were hyped to be so amazing why are they going away so soon? At some point the Android market will catch up to itself (or not) and see the difference between "fly by night" products and "longevity."