Choosing Between Nexus, Razr Maxx, Rezound...

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Well, the old Droid 2 is on the fritz and with the unlimited data plan about to go bye bye I thought now might be the time to upgrade to a 4g phone. Now I am torn between the big three listed in the title. I like things about each, battery life, durability, connectivity of the Razr, rootability and screen quality of the Nexus, camera quality of the Rezound...

I use my phone camera a lot so having a good one is important, I am an avid outdoorsman and can be pretty hard on things so durability and battery life are important. I also like to root and customize my phone to do what I want. So, which one would you choose if you were in my shoes?

(alternately, I could just buy another used phone like a Droid X for $100 bucks and be done with it. I just thought that if I was going to upgrade to a 4g, now is the time so I could keep my unlimited data)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd favor the Rezound for the overall package. Better battery and screen than the Nexus, development is increasing very quickly and you won't have to deal with the bootloader issues of the Razr. Maxx definitely wins for battery, but I personally won't be dealing with Moto's abandonment of phones again or the development issues that have come around here lately. The Nexus definitely wins in terms of customization as you get pretty much an unadulterated Android experience. I really recommend that you play with all three for a few minutes before you make up your mind, but again my vote is for the Rezound. There's also an extended battery available with pretty good capacity. Great setup.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat except the Nexus doesn't support USB mass storage. So I'm wanting the Rezound, but I'd settle for the razr Maxx depending on price. I'm hoping they run a sale

X