Droid going "end of life" at Best Buy...

awacker89

Reaction score
I'm literally writing this post from the breakroom of Best Buy. My mobile manager just informed me that the Droid is now listed as an "End of Life" product and will be an "At Risk Item" in two weeks. All the Droids accessories are also included on the list. Not sure yet what this mean other than that Best Buy is not planning to carry it anymore and that any leftovers are considered a risk. I'll try to get more info as I can.

crspyjohn

Reaction score
wtf i'm going to be selling my droid earlier and just wait for my NE2 upgrade in May. I paid $325 a month ago for the droid :(

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Every piece of equipment in my studio, except for my PRS is now outdated. Do I still use them? Health Yes!

crspyjohn

Reaction score
Every piece of equipment in my studio, except for my PRS is now outdated. Do I still use them? Health Yes!

I use outdated products too but the problem with android currently is the fragmentation of the OS. I'm worried that if I keep my droid, I will be stuck on 2.0.1 forever unless I root.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
this has to be expected from anywhere that isnt a verizon store really. they have to make room for new phones which come out it seems weekly now. most places are going to move the droid out but its not going anywhere for a while at vzw stores.

tehpriest

Reaction score
iPhone Law suits, China v Google/USA

Perhaps they are pulling out of Android completely 7Mobile instead?

Funny the Facebook page hasn't been updated for ages....

Conspiracy theories don't you just love them hehehe

Reaction score
When I got the Droid, I knew that they had just released a new model in Korea that smokes the Droid but also figured that we were not getting it any time soon. At the end of the day, this thing is unreal and light-years better than the Palm Pre it replaced. The Pre was light-years better than the Blackberry Storm it replaced which was way better than the Treo 750W it replaced. At the end of the day, the Droid is awesome and the battery life is great too. Can't always be the fastest kid on the block. :motdroidvert:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
iPhone Law suits, China v Google/USA

Perhaps they are pulling out of Android completely 7Mobile instead?

I hope not. I swore off WinMo Phones.