New Generation Nexus 7 and Android 4.3 Debuts from Google

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-nexus7-tablet-launch-df-logo.png

The new generation Nexus 7 from Asus and Google just debuted. It upgrades nearly every feature and function available. Here's a breakdown of hardware specs,
  • Is 2mm thinner than previous gen
  • Is also lighter than previous Nexus 7
  • Still uses the popular black on black soft touch rubberized outer casing
  • 7-inch True HD 1920x1200 Display with 323 PPI (Highest Resolution and PPI of any 7-inch tablet) - Can handle native 1080P videos and 30% wider range of colors
  • Dual Stereo Speakers with new immersive Fraunhofer Virtual surround sound
  • Front 1.2MP Camera
  • Rear 5MP Camera
  • Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz - (1.8x faster CPU & 4x faster GPU than first Nexus 7)
  • 2GB Ram
  • Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • 4G LTE Version will be available that will be unlocked and useable across all major U.S. carriers
  • More battery efficient by 1 extra hour
  • Android 4.3 Included and pushing out today for the previous gen Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Nexus 4.
We will detail Android 4.3 separately in just a bit! Here's a comparison chart from the previous gen Nexus 7 to the new one:

nexus7-hardware-comparison-chart-df-logo.png

July 30th available 16GB WiFi for $229.99, 32GB WiFi for $269.99 and 32GB 4G LTE Model for $349.99!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

• 4G LTE Version will be available that will be unlocked and useable across all major U.S. carriers

Remember this next week when Motorola reveals the Moto X. #ITOLDYOUSO

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I guess I'll be handing down my original Nexus 7 to my girl and getting the 2013 32GB one.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like it is about time to update my n7 to 4.3.

???

Reaction score
I just hope the video out thru an adapter doesn't suck like it does on my Verizon nexus. I even ordered a legitimate Samsung adaptor and it always glitches badly or plain doesn't work. I'd love to have a good usable hdmi output for work. sadly the port to adapter probably won't be it.

as for the lte one, anyone know if it will be like the old zoom tablet, where you could pop your sim cars out of your Verizon 4g phone and put it in the tab an have 4g data on it without all the extra line crap? if so, I'm in. be of use when traveling around and needing something with a much longer lasting battery in airports and such. their wifi is mostly useless

if it doesn't have either of those, I'll probably pass and keep my old 7

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like pretty much everything about it...but that bezel!