New Nexus 7 with Android 4.3 Shows Up at FCC with Two Versions (GSM & WiFi)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-7-bluetooth-sig-asus-k008-1.jpg

The next generation of the Google Nexus 7 will likely be hitting the streets pretty soon. It was just spotted at the FCC with Android 4.3 and a couple different radio versions in tow (GSM and WIFi). Specs for the device are even available through some indirect sleuthing by several websites. The way it was determined that the tablet at the FCC is actually the Nexus 7 required some deductive reasoning and several different puzzle pieces. It's interesting to see how they arrived at their conclusions, but for now we will simply take it at face value and share the details. Here are the specs below, and a link to the source if you want to see the reasoning behind their conclusions.
  • 7-inch display (1920 x 1200 or 1080p) resolution
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064)
  • Adreno 320 GPU
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • 5-megapixel camera
  • 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
  • NFC
  • Wi-Fi 80211n with dual-badn
  • LTE
  • (possibly) Qi wireless charging
  • profile: 7.5 to 8mm
Based upon this FCC filing and the previous "rumint" we will more than likely see this new Nexus 7 launch in July. We will keep you posted.

Source: AndroidAuthority

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
$229??? Count me IN! Or oh...wait...darn....this is the 32GB LTE model? I'm guessing...$299? ARGH. That's the current 32GB price. Oh well, I'll take one of those guys (up there^) with wifi and 16GB at $229 please.

-Matt