New Nexus 7 is 100% Faster than the Previous Generation Nexus 7

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
geekbench-bencmark-comparison-nexus7.png

New benchmarks are already out for the next generation Nexus 7, and the results are amazing. The new Nexus 7 is about twice as fast as the OG Nexus 7. As you can see from the benchmark scores in the pic, the new Nexus 7 scores a 2650 in one part of the Geekbench 2 benchmark, versus 1344 for the earlier version of the device. Keep in mind that these benchmark scores are even more amazing when you consider that the new Nexus 7 operates with a much higher resolution display than the earlier model.

Furthermore, this was only one part of the benchmark. In some instances, the new tablet was even faster than that. Here's a quote with a few more details,

The new Nexus 7 is nearly five times faster on sequential reads, 2x faster on random reads, and about 1.5x faster on both sequential and random write operations. SQLite performance appears around double that of the first gen N7, as well.

It's pretty amazing to see how far things have come in just about a year. Who wants one now?

If you want to see more of the benchmark scores check out the source link below.

Source: AndroidPolice

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is that with the 1st gen N7 on 4.2 or 4.3?

My exact question. I put my N7 on 4.3 on launch day and it is definitely faster. Pressing the multitasking button, they pop up nearly instantly instead of the usual 4-5 second wait. 4.3 saved my poor slow N7.

Gremlin

Reaction score
My exact question. I put my N7 on 4.3 on launch day and it is definitely faster. Pressing the multitasking button, they pop up nearly instantly instead of the usual 4-5 second wait. 4.3 saved my poor slow N7.

What ROM are you using?

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Question. Looking at the above graphic, the devices show the exact same chipset only the one on the right has a faster clock. We all know that the 2nd gen N7 has a quad core Snapdragon, not a Tegra 3. All the scores are the same except for the top listed score. What gives?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Question. Looking at the above graphic, the devices show the exact same chipset only the one on the right has a faster clock. We all know that the 2nd gen N7 has a quad core Snapdragon, not a Tegra 3. All the scores are the same except for the top listed score. What gives?

The top score is "your device". All of the rest are showing others in order of yours and where it stands to yours. The device under the top is the nexus 10 and yea all of the others.