New Droid

curlyMOB

Reaction score
Im not really sure where to post this. I just got a Droid 1 and had a few questions: is there not a ln SD card? And is there any way to put one of these screen protectors on WITHOUT all of these blotches?? It looks horrible. Please help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not really sure where to post this. I just got a Droid 1 and had a few questions: is there not a ln SD card? And is there any way to put one of these screen protectors on WITHOUT all of these blotches?? It looks horrible. Please help!

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Your D1 should have a 16gb SD card inside of it.

As far as screen protectors go, some are all in favor of them, I say you don't need them. Screen is made with Gorilla Glass and it is difficult to scratch. Not impossible, just difficult. So long as you don't have sand or diamond dust in your pocket, don't worry about it.

OP
C

curlyMOB

Reaction score
Where is the SD card slot? I took the battery out and couldn't see anything, am I just blind? And I used to have an Eris without a screen protector and the screen cracked..but that's because I droped it .. would a screen protector even protect it from that? Or should I jet forget it because I'm nor sure how long I can deal with these blotches uglying up my screen.

deaf leppy

Reaction score
The slot for the SD card is right next to the battery. Pull out the battery, hold your phone screen down with the camera in the top right corner, and the SD card should be visible under a silver band, right above and to the left of the "with Google(TM)" logo.
As for the screen protector, no, it will not protect your screen from cracking.. If you're worried about that, you may want to look at optional cases for your phone, such as an Otterbox. Hope I helped.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remove the back cover. Keep the end with the gold speaker facing you. The camera will be upper left and below will be a silver bar. The Sd cad is located under the silver bar on the left. You do need to remove the battery to remove the SD card,

OP
C

curlyMOB

Reaction score
Ahh thank you! I was just being blind I guess. I love this phone!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
And is there any way to put one of these screen protectors on WITHOUT all of these blotches??
Yup. It's all in how you apply it. Some screen protectors are easier to install than others though.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I purchased the three pack from VZW last December. I have no bubbles and I'm still on my first one.