new droid x have froyo?

heycow

Reaction score
K so i called motorola to ***** to them as to why i haven't got the update they took my meid n serial email and said they would push the update you guys think it's true or they just wanted to get rid of me lol
The "getting rid of" option... :)

Motorola can't push anything...They give it to Verizon and Verizon pushes it...

Lol thought soo. But now when i hit check for update it just says pls wait b4 it would just say your phone is up to date
Mine's doing that too...Maybe the update server is overloaded by everyone checking for 2.2 updates. :)

mjnub

Reaction score
I work at authorized retail store for verizon i've activated every droid X shipments i've gotten lol none r pre installed...

mjnub

Reaction score
K alil of good news i just talked to a rep that works for verizon the check update is down because they are setting and getting ready to push 2.2 to droid x!!!

mjnub

Reaction score
Lol dude wtf this update better be worth it. I got into a nasty motorcycle accident july 29 been in the hospital since thank god i got my droid x 2 days prior since then i've been checking for updates every 30 mins lolol

mjnub

Reaction score
Damn motorola n stupid vzw updating droid 1 b4 droid x

DKG

Reaction score
Where would we see what version we have? What version are the phones shipped with?

heycow

Reaction score
Where would we see what version we have? What version are the phones shipped with?
Settings --> About phone

Firmware version shows 2.1-update1 now (that's what it ships with). When it's updated to 2.2 it'll show 2.2-update2 (most likely).

mjnub

Reaction score
i think we should all keep calling motorola and verizon and threat them with canceling our service and getting iphone 4 lol see if that helps

littlerick

Reaction score
i think we should all keep calling motorola and verizon and threat them with canceling our service and getting iphone 4 lol see if that helps

seriously? they have to work out all the bugs before they can push it to us and all of that takes time. we will get it soon

mjnub

Reaction score
i talked to the data guy for verizon there are no bugs they wanna make sure all droid 1 customers get the update first, trust me ive called everyone from motorola to adobe