Droid X: Now Running Android 2.2 Froyo, Claim Reports

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My Map still works, go under settings>search settings>Google Search>and make sure the use my location is checked and try maps again.

throwscoach

Reaction score
One question, and this may be a dumb one, but what's the difference b/n the 2.2 available through the link and the one available on ROM manager?

ceasernem

Reaction score
updated to 2.2 on x and everything working fine. Maps works and benchmark 1492.Was not rooted either no lag at all.

TheJester34

Reaction score
One question, and this may be a dumb one, but what's the difference b/n the 2.2 available through the link and the one available on ROM manager?

The 2.2 in the link is a leak of the official FroYo. The ROM is a ported version, I believe.

I'm running the leak right now and love it. No problems, no lag, and a Quadrant of 1402. Whoo!

EDIT: Ran Quadrant again. 1459. Yeah!

throwscoach

Reaction score
Alright, so i've done what the site says, downloaded everything, removed launcher pro, put the default browser back to the stock browser, yet i'm still getting an error during installation.

What gives?

airbutchie

Reaction score
Okay... So I received a prompt on my DX to update the OS to Android 2.2 (Froyo)... During the download the screen went blank and the DX powered down... I turned it back on and I get a "Bootloader 29.01" (at the upper left of the screen) and "Battery OK... OK to Program... Connect USB Data Cable" message (at the middle left of the screen)... Hmmmm?!

So I powered down again and waited a few moments... Turned on the DX and I still get the same message... I decide to shut down, remove the battery, and wait for a few minutes... Installed the battery and pressed the "ON" button and I still get the same message... Now I'm perplexed...

So I locate the closest Verizon store that has technical support (on-site) and drive there to inquire what happened to the Android 2.2 update... I hand the CSR my phone and he turns it on to see the message... He said that, "Android 2.2 is having problems with the DX... It somehow corrupted the firmware on your phone and that's the message that's showing"... He continues to say that "we could update the firmware for you, but we don't have it here yet..." I asked why I was able to get it via phone download but they don't have it in-store for customers... He said that they'll be getting the software soon, but don't know when (stupid answer, really)...

So I asked what my options were.... He said, "...you can exchange the DX if there's one available at a local store (highly unlikely) or send it back to Verizon and they'll send you a new one as soon as one is available... But that could take a few weeks..." A FEW WEEKS!!! You're kidding me...

Anyhoo, sorry for the long story-vent... By chance is there anyone who would know how to get my DX up and running again? Hopefully with Android 2.1 OS... Is there a reset procedure or hard boot to get everything in its original operating form? I didn't have too many items saved, so I don't really care about losing stuff...

HELP... PLEASE... ANYONE?!

- airbutchie :(

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can check out the link for unbricking your x in the hacks section.

throwscoach

Reaction score
Forget my last post, found one thing in autostarts that I didn't change back. Froyo is running smooth so far.

throwscoach

Reaction score
Anybody else find the set up where froyo lists the contacts for text messages in alphabetical order odd?