New droid owner

carolynchey

Reaction score
My husband and I just got new droids yesterday -- our first smart phones! I came to this site to find information on a few issues I'm having -- one, that my speaker stopped working after using my headset (I found info here, and powering off/on the phone solved the problem -- but I am still quite concerned that that problem even happened, given this is a brand new phone!!) Also, I am interested in geocaching and am waiting for the geocaching.com app for android to be released... meanwhile I downloaded c:geo, and plan to ask some questions on that thread. Other than that, things are going pretty well. I'm glad this resource is here!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My husband and I just got new droids yesterday -- our first smart phones! I came to this site to find information on a few issues I'm having -- one, that my speaker stopped working after using my headset (I found info here, and powering off/on the phone solved the problem -- but I am still quite concerned that that problem even happened, given this is a brand new phone!!) Also, I am interested in geocaching and am waiting for the geocaching.com app for android to be released... meanwhile I downloaded c:geo, and plan to ask some questions on that thread. Other than that, things are going pretty well. I'm glad this resource is here!

:welcome: to the Droid Forum to both you and your husband. I've never stuck headsets in my Droid so I've never experienced this but just let me say this: This doesn't seem to be restricted to Android devices. I had the Blackberry Storm and it had issues with the headset as well. I think it's probably something to do with the jack itself, just a guess.

Not even the Droid is perfect, but it's a darn good phone. People often think it ought to behave like a computer and it can in many ways but when all is said and done it's still a phone. You can always take your phone back if it really bothers you, you have 30 days don't forget to exchange for a new one or even another phone.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome, carolynchey! Did you happen to see this thread on c:geo?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/30419-c-geo.html