New droid owner

bigdaddy13

Reaction score
I have had my Droid now for around a month or so and I'm still learning different things about it. I have the motorola droid and I'm always looking for new information about it. I'm still wondering when the new update for the droid will finally come out. If anyone has any information about this or other things feel free to let me know. THANX

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had my Droid now for around a month or so and I'm still learning different things about it. I have the motorola droid and I'm always looking for new information about it. I'm still wondering when the new update for the droid will finally come out. If anyone has any information about this or other things feel free to let me know. THANX

I think the latest from VZW "coming soon"

That response seems to have pushed many on this forum to root.

If your a patient person continue to wait. If not, you may want to consider rooting and installing a custom rom which will give you many, if not all, of the next release capabilities.

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood, bigdaddy13! Glad to have you here!

OP
B

bigdaddy13

Reaction score
I think the latest from VZW "coming soon"

That response seems to have pushed many on this forum to root.

If your a patient person continue to wait. If not, you may want to consider rooting and installing a custom rom which will give you many, if not all, of the next release capabilities.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm a patient person so I will prolly just wait, I've read some stuff about rooting my phone but knowing my luck I would jack it up somehow so I will prolly just wait till they put it out. I talked to a lady today at verizon and she said she's having a meeting with the data people or w/e tomorrow and it should be out soon.... but who knows..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well either way it is an awesome device.

I've been in IT since the late 60's but I never got into the sys admin stuff. So, like you, I was very apprehensive about rooting my phone. I was on the fence for days. Not sure what pushed me to the "dark side" but I have no regrets.
Enjoy!

Mike

HDBiker67

Reaction score
I just got my Droid last week. The guy there said the new version should be out in about a month, but how he knows this, i dont know...so just for what its worth...:confused: