New droid owner learning to use it.

Parn Akuma

Reaction score
As the only member of my family who managed not to drown, hang, incinerate, disintegrate, or otherwise indiscriminately murder my cellphone over the last 5 years, I'm experiencing quite a technological leap from my relatively ancient regular phone to the Verizon Droid I got yesterday, and which I know zero about.

I mainly registered here because it's my first "big people's phone!" and I'd like to make sure its properly secured and understand exactly what the risks are of impulsively downloading that free "Duke Nukem Soundboard" application off the android market onto the same system that houses my mobile banking software.

I sometimes seem like a jerk because I have a terribly insensitive sense of humor (or so I'm told -- personally, I don't see in me what those half-blind idiots do), but I'm not one when it counts. Which...may actually make me a worse jerk than the one who can't help herself, but that's beside the point! Thanks for letting me join the forum and sift through all your collected knowledge about my new phone.

I really appreciate it.

-Parn.

Be honest though, you know you want(ed) that Duke Nukem app too. Don't try to deny it!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nice intro Parn : )

Glad you decided to register and use the forums.

The data base and knowledge the members bring to these forums is second to none.

Hang out, ask questions, read and learn and you will have the beast tamed in no time.

Great to have you onboard Parn

Enjoy the forums

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
Start with the Stickies in the various sections that should give you a good start. Also use the Search frequently because in all likelihood any question(s) you have have been asked before (repeatedly in most cases) and search will often give you a quicker answer than waiting for a response.

OP
Parn Akuma

Parn Akuma

Reaction score
Thanks, there's certainly no shortage of material to work from here. It's excellent, since before I found your forum, the only thing I had besides my downloaded HTC user's manual Verizon never gave me (because who would want to know how their stuff works? that's crazy talk!) is the pretty hilarious collection of comments people leave on the applications pages of the market.

Amusing, but not the most informative...about the Droid, anyway. :painkiller: My. You guys certainly didn't skimp on the emoticons! I'm going to have to control myself, I see; otherwise, there'll be weightlifting yellow faces and sticks of deodorant everywhere. I can feel the urge rising!

Take care, and thanks for the kind welcome!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Thanks, there's certainly no shortage of material to work from here. It's excellent, since before I found your forum, the only thing I had besides my downloaded HTC user's manual Verizon never gave me (because who would want to know how their stuff works? that's crazy talk!) is the pretty hilarious collection of comments people leave on the applications pages of the market.

Amusing, but not the most informative...about the Droid, anyway. :painkiller: My. You guys certainly didn't skimp on the emoticons! I'm going to have to control myself, I see; otherwise, there'll be weightlifting yellow faces and sticks of deodorant everywhere. I can feel the urge rising!

Take care, and thanks for the kind welcome!

:icon_ banana: Welcome Parn to DroidForums :icon_ banana:​

We hope you keep enjoying the place !!! :icon_ devil:

Please use the emoticons as much as you want. cause, who really wants boring posts :icon_eek:

Also feel free to join all of us :whore: in keeping this place fun and informative :cool: