Learning the Droid 2

rwlibby

Reaction score
Hi All! Just upgraded from a plain-jane cellphone to a Droid 2 mainly to try to keep up with my grandchildren. I'm a retired EE and approaching the age of dirt, so please have patience with me. :) I'm mainly interested in the Droid as a piece of acadamia and the challenge of learning to use it intelligently. I have 2 questions to start if anyone would care to help.

1. I inserted the battery into my Droid and plugged it into one of my computer's USB ports and was told that my computer would like to install a "driver", "S Flash OMAP3630MI". I can find a few words about this but nothing definitive.

2. Does the Droid 2, when on charge, display an icon indicating that it is charging.....mine does not. A problem with the hardware?

Thanks for any help that you folks can give, I appreciate it!

Re: 2. When I press a volume button, battery condition is displayed. I didn't expect that I needed to press anything, just plug it in to charge.

Last edited:

droider4life

Reaction score
1. I inserted the battery into my Droid and plugged it into one of my computer's USB ports and was told that my computer would like to install a "driver", "S Flash OMAP3630MI". I can find a few words about this but nothing definitive.

2. Does the Droid 2, when on charge, display an icon indicating that it is charging.....mine does not. A problem with the hardware?
First off :welcome:to the forum.. Its good to have you on board. I currently have the original droid and i can honestly say i have never installed any software when it has asked on my computer and it works just fine so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

to answer your second question. If its anything like the droid one. the battery icon up top should show a lightning strike and should cycle the green while charging. Its very subtle but it should be there.

OP
R

rwlibby

Reaction score
Thanks so much for responding. I will take your advice and not be too concerned over pc drivers. Strangely, after my phone was fully charged and I plugged back into a USB port, the computer advised me that the necessary connections had been made and all is well. Go figure :) Thanks again, I plod on!