New D3 5.7.906 Based rom to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
cough cough............... O P E N S O U R C E

Seriously. I understand the devs put in a lot of work and effort into their builds and we are all grateful for it but they take things way too far. The op does not have to get permission to use part of a rom. It is open source and nobody has any patents on their work. Any dev who throws a fit because someone uses their rom or script as a part if their rom needs to grow up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Jungle King 76 said:
Seriously. I understand the devs put in a lot of work and effort into their builds and we are all grateful for it but they take things way too far. The op does not have to get permission to use part of a rom. It is open source and nobody has any patents on their work. Any dev who throws a fit because someone uses their rom or script as a part if their rom needs to grow up.

It might of had to do with not giving credit to all of the original developers.
Then again it might be something else that happened.

apathy

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

It might of had to do with not giving credit to all of the original developers.
Then again it might be something else that happened.

but yet everyone voted for DOTM and looky who won..................

sad

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
I did it because I respect the Developers because they work hard to do this stuff believe me it's hard work I will post the link back up if Buckmarble and his team give me permission

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
apathy said:
but yet everyone voted for DOTM and looky who won..................

sad

He deserved it because its the only stablel rom that has everything working and everyone keeps talking about coming back to it because the other roms have problems. Everyone please be nice

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm going to give you my piece on this.

I decided to make krazyace a Beta team member because of his involvement in the forums with testing all kinds of ROMs for people and reporting back here out of the kindness of his heart.

He told me that he wanted to learn more about creating a ROM and I thought this would be the perfect way. As expected, someone new coming in and threatening with a "ROM" made everyone upset, and now I look like the bad guy. It all blew up in krazy's face. THAT I AM NOT OK WITH. I apologized multiple times to him, but it is NOT my position to apologize, as I am not the one who scared him off.

This thread will be locked until which time krazy contacts me and wants it opened. I will not stand for badmouthing anyone in his thread.

Android is about Community, kind of like what we have built here at DroidForums. Don't forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.