Network Extender

Chunderboy

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.....

Anywho, got a new droid x and every once in a while there is an audio notification that says, "Network Extender". HOW DO I MAKE THE VOICES STOP?

In the phone that is.

Thanks
CB

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.....

Anywho, got a new droid x and every once in a while there is an audio notification that says, "Network Extender". HOW DO I MAKE THE VOICES STOP?

In the phone that is.

Thanks
CB

lol, good thing you said in the phone. :)

I don't know, I've got a Droid 2 which is very similar to an X and I've never heard that. Yours is the first post I've seen on this.

Edit. A network extender is the device that you use to pull in a week signal from Verizon. It plugs into the wall. Why your X is looking for one or thinks it sees it, I have no idea.

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
Do you or don't you have a network extender? I have a NE and the only time I get any audio from it is if I dial #48 Send. Then it says, "You are under network extender coverage" over and over if I am in range of the NE.

As long as I don't dial #48, but I dial out regular, it will make a short audible beep when first connected to indicate that the call is being made under network extender coverage.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Maybe a neighbor has one, and you are picking up and losing the signal.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Same here on NE and have never heard that sound.

OP
C

Chunderboy

Reaction score
Aha.... Weird. The thing is, it didn't give me that notification prior to the froyo update and now it does.

Oh, and thanks for the help peoples.

One other question actually; is there a way to have my email accounts (I.E gmail and school account) to refresh more frequently than the standard amount of time? For example, my last bb storm2 didn't it instantaneously.

Thanks again.

xliderider

Reaction score
Gmail should be able to set for instant push notification. Your school account should be able to set as low as 5 minutes, but if you want instant, you should forward to your Gmail acct.

OP
C

Chunderboy

Reaction score
Is there a place that I can see the setting to ensure it is set for instant push notification?

As for my prior issue, nope, I don't have a network extender.

xliderider

Reaction score
Gmail should be able to set for instant push notification. Your school account should be able to set as low as 5 minutes, but if you want instant, you should forward to your Gmail acct.

My 2.2. OTA X has Data Push as an option in the stock email app.

Is there a place that I can see the setting to ensure it is set for instant push notification?

As for my prior issue, nope, I don't have a network extender.

I don't see any way to change the data fetch interval in Gmail, so it must be Push by default.

kunzy

Reaction score
For whoever has NE wanted to know how well it works ? looking at purchasing it for my home. i live in a 2300 square foot range with very little verizon signal and wanted to know how well this worked. thanks

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the new Network Extender? I see it is made by Samsung now and offers 3G along with the 1x network.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/networkextender/

I get about 96-110 dBm in my house and I've had a pretty difficult time with missing calls because of that. But dropping $250 on a "network extender" that only works 40 feet (probably what, 20 feet in reality, like calling on WiFi?)

gsDroid

Reaction score
I bought the original network extender about 2 months ago. It was $200 with a $100 rebate, which I received promptly. This one does not have the 3G support, just phone. My home wifi is strong, so I never need the 3G. I could not use the phone in most of the house, had mostly around -100 dBm. I just looked at my phone now and it is -61dBm and I get flawless phone service anywhere in the house. Too bad it is back to $250. The $100 it cost me was completely acceptable for the benefit. $250 seems pretty steep.