Netflix is getting rid of User Reviews

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Look like netflix is getting rid of user reviews. Don't think I will miss them. Every once in a while I may scan some just to see what others are saying about a movie or show. Sometimes when a show had technical issues, I may look at them to see if others had similar problems. I have posted a couple over the years but nothing over the last couple.

They claim it is because of declining usage but I also wonder if is also to keep from getting bad reviews on their own productions. What do you think? Did you use the reviews?

Earlier today, we reported Netflix is getting rid of user reviews, which has been a mainstay of its platform from day one. According to the company, the decision was made because of declining usage. But that discounts the fact that Netflix hasn't exactly made the feature all that accessible. User reviews can only be seen on the web, and the company made a decision to drop bylines and star ratings earlier this year. It's no wonder then, that users have written fewer reviews. Maybe, just maybe, Netflix doesn't actually want them.

Netflix user reviews weren’t useful anyway

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
Not really, but they removed the section where the name of lead stars appear as well...