Netflix for Droid?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
hopefully Netflix will eventually come out with their own app for Android. That would be the easiest way. They have apps for PS3, Xbox and Wii. iPhone I don't know but maybe soon they'll get one for the Droids.....after all, we are Droids! lol

There's a blockbuster app. I doubt that netflix won't try to compete. Plus, I think it's more or less confirmed that they're working on it.

dwd

Reaction score
I'm confused as to whether or not anyone has watched netflix on their droid? I have been trying to figure out how to do it for a week, and the only silverlight i can find is that book..

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm confused as to whether or not anyone has watched netflix on their droid? I have been trying to figure out how to do it for a week, and the only silverlight i can find is that book..

No, you can't watch Netflix on any android phone.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I really really love Netflix, but the amount of time it has taken them to release the Android app is ridiculous. I have read that making an app for WP7 was fairly straight forward because the instant streaming on the web site uses SilverLight but still. IPhone has had it for a while and now a brand new OS with very few users gets it before the fastest growing OS on the market? Netflix doesn't seem to want our business honestly.

icebluemale30

Reaction score

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry some of us are not big ballers and can't get a slingbox for 300 dollars but still it a good thought thanks for the idea .

And that solution only works for streaming. To me, about the only time I'd watch a movie on my Droid is on a plane, so without saving a digital copy to the SD I'd be out of luck.

drwolcor

Reaction score
Well isn't there a netflix app for Sony's Google TV? Google TV runs android (not sure which version) but it is android. Surely eventually it will come to the phone if they have already made it for Google TV

cmking

Reaction score
You can teather your phone to a laptop

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jmcrabb

Reaction score
Source?

Those of you who say an app is being developed, can you post your source? I'd like to monitor the progress. I've used the app for iPhone that allows streaming, and it's awesome, so I'd like to get it on my Incredible as soon as it's available.

cb2000a

Reaction score
One of the things that has kept Netflix off of Android phones is DRM issues. You will see Netflix sold with certain phones this year (like the new LG).