Netflix for Droid?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there something out there that let's you watch netflix shows and movies on the droid? I thought I read something about it but can't remember where. If there's not currently anything, has anyone heard of something in the works? I am assuming it would be an app since we don't have flash yet.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Is there something out there that let's you watch netflix shows and movies on the droid? I thought I read something about it but can't remember where. If there's not currently anything, has anyone heard of something in the works? I am assuming it would be an app since we don't have flash yet.

That would be absolutely amazing!!

jfe

Reaction score
But there is no app to watch the instant queue programs on the phone

ziller530

Reaction score
is there an app being worked on right now to steam videos from netflix to the droid?

Sleeve

Reaction score
The queue manager apps are just barely creaking out of developers now. Queueman is my current favorite since the recent update.

Netflix needs to see that the device or its delivery method complies with their content protection requirements from the content owners before they can certify a device to receive Netflix instant queue. I've seen bupkis on that front, and that is the gate before developers line up to download the stream to their apps.

The fact that any PC can be a Netflix instant queue device, albeit inside the relative protection of Flash in a browser, means that even rooted devices like Android handsets are potentially certifiable as Netflix devices. We may have to wait for Adobe to release Flash. We may have to wait for a compelled enough developer to write a good enough container to protect Netflix's contractual obligations to the movie studios.

NCSULuLu

Reaction score
I'm under the impression that Verizon is going to wig out at their data usage and reevaluate their unlimited plan if this happens. (Which will probably happen anyway when flash comes out)

yoopermjm

Reaction score
This is probable. There is a limit to what the network can stand (just ask ATT in NY and Frisco), and streaming videos will definitely tax it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Netflix requires silverlight to play movies, so without that, you cannot watch your movies on the droid. I know there was another member on here that was going to ask his friend that programs, how hard it would be to port silverlight to an android app.

cmzakk69

Reaction score
There is an ms silverlight app in the marketplace...would this possibly work?