NES/SNES/N64 Emulators

Riley42

Reaction score
So I downloaded the nes, and snes emulators and some games for each. The Droid D pad sucks for games. First it needs to be on the left. Second it only supports 4 directions instead of 8 that video games use. If someone releases a quality USB attachment for the Droid that gives a real video game d pad and 4 buttons Holy S#!t will this be awesome.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i did some hunting around and APPARENTLY, the N64 emulators that do exist (for a desktop or whatever) suck terribly. i imagine that if they can't make it work well on a desktop, its likely no going to work on my droid. that makes me sad because i miss star fox.

NVash

Reaction score
I played an N64 emulator on the comp a few years ago. It wasnt that bad, problem was that it didnt exactly play the games perfectly. Many times there would be odd white patches that made no sense and some games wouldnt even play. The keyboard messed up playing games sometimes too, my friend is permanently stuck on the last level of Conker because he needs the analog stick to beat it. And the emulator was fickle, it wouldnt work on some comps despite them having the proper requirements and work smooth on other ones.

I dont know, Id like to have such a thing handheld but then again, you gotta ask yourself how often youd use something like that. Especially if they released an accompanying D-Pad with the analog stick, even at its most compact itd probably be too huge to carry around daily.

Something like the NES, Genesis, some GBA and even Arcade, those are cool because most of those games were short. SNES, N64, were getting into deep territory here when games were hours upon hours long. I was thinking about that recently. Would I really take the time to beat Chrono Trigger on my cellphone? Would I really have that kind of time with all the other apps I have, txting and even phone calls? Doubtful.

Dont get me wrong, I love the idea and am very grateful that these things even work on a cell phone. If such a thing as na N64 emulator comes out Ill be very happy and immediately get it. Same for the controller. I just realize as well that I probably wont use it very often.

mattmanj11

Reaction score
problems with dpad

so i have the gameboy emulator and now have pokemon emerald on the droid. but i could only go down by pressing a, go left by pressing q and go right by pressing w. there is no up button. is there any way to change this?

will.anaya

Reaction score
so i have the gameboy emulator and now have pokemon emerald on the droid. but i could only go down by pressing a, go left by pressing q and go right by pressing w. there is no up button. is there any way to change this?

if you go into the settings, while in game mode, you can change the button designations to whatever you want.

once in settings, scroll down, you will see the option, the name escapes me right now.

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Is unzipping the ROMs necessary?

Has anyone done the 800 ROM torrent?

I might do it, but I'm a self conscious guy and don't want a virus :) lol
So I wanna know if its safe? [the comments on it dont help lol]

Delirious17

Reaction score
What controls do you guys recommend for NES and SNES? (Either with the upside down screen to use the D-pad or normal)

alienware777

Reaction score
If I use these emulators are my keys going to get destroyed? Like, are they durable enough, or is the letters going to come off of them?

Bwillz

Reaction score
Getting my droid tomorrow, very excited to say the least. I know the droid can play NES/SNES games, but what other platforms is it able to accommodate? And what are the best emulators to use for those? Thanks.

tony6981

Reaction score
i have a motorola droid all my emulators work...... download a good bit torent (bit lord and iso hunt are what i use) is what i use download roms to your pc than connect to ur droid runs perfect controls are adjustable too so have fun!

Master X

Reaction score
Being a PC/smartfone n00bie whats the easiest way to get some of these games on my fone.

I read the thread but Im kinda lost about the zipping and files and everything :p