Need to move from one account to another and trying to keep unlimited

Ophus

Reaction score
That's basically it. I want to move my personal phone to my business account or even spin it off to its own separate account, if necessary and want to keep unlimited data. Does anyone know of there is any way of doing this now? I have called a couple of times and went to a store, so far I'm hitting a wall.

Thanks!

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
To be clear, you have unlimited on your personal line, but not your business line?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
People used to sell their unlimited lines on ebay. The buyer had to sign an agreement to take over the line.

However, I believe they have since closed this loophole.

If they haven't, it would mean that your business would have to sign such an agreement to make it your business line.

I'm not sure if/how that would work if you transferred the line to yourself. Have you inquired about simply changing your number?

OP
O

Ophus

Reaction score
I do have unlimited on my personal and do not have unlimited on my business account. My personal is currently on a family plan with 3 unlimited lines. They are telling me I can not spin it out by itself or transfer it to my business account, without losing unlimited. I was hoping that someone might know a way of doing it. One gentleman from verizon, told me I could have spun it off to an account on its own, but they apparently took that ability away Jan 1 this year. :(

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, like I said, they're working on closing up any and every loophole they can to usher people off of unlimited. There are very few tactics left that still work, if any.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Assumption of Liability loophole has been closed. If you move to a different account, you must change to the new plan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
Just thinking out loud here, but what about transferring your business phone to your personal account? In other words, adding a new line to your personal account for the business phone?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
O

Ophus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!

That's a good idea on moving the business to personal. How many lines can you have on an account?