i want to move all my apps from one gmail account to another can it be done

fantom557

Reaction score
can i move my apps from one gmail account to another so i dont need to have both accounts on my phone. i am moving to another google account and the only issues i have left are the apps that i bought on the old account and downloaded.

googlelover

Reaction score
The only way I could think of would be to contact Google and ask them.. Though I'm not sure which part of Google you should contact.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Paid apps can't be moved, technically, since it's linked to the google account you purchased on.

Now with Titanium Back-up Pro that would be an easy way. Just back-up everything, then switch google accounts and restore with TiBu, and then logging into the market with your new Gmail should sync everything with the new account.

Alternatively, a free solution would be to sync with AppBrain (sign in using a non-Google account!). When you sync, it will save a list of all apps on your device. Change gmail accounts and then re-sync (you'll then have to "copy" all apps from the other load to install with your new account). Along with Appbrain, you also want to install Fastweb Installer, which allows bulk restore of apps from the market thru AppBrain.

I imagine any paid apps you have will cause a hiccup transferring to the new account. Perhaps Google can help you there, but I doubt it. I don't know if you use TiBu to "hack" that if the market will let you install/update those apps that it doesn't recognize that gmail account as having paid for.

googlelover

Reaction score
^^ It won't work, TiBu will attach it to the market, but if you try to update the app it will say you don't have the correct permissions or something of the sort. Free apps are different of course.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Could be an issue the original gmail account has been compromised and he needs to delete it....

sent from my Droid Bionic 3 using a flux capacitor and tapatalk, while driving 88 mph.... thanks Doc, for making texting and driving so easy.

PJA

Reaction score
Just got this from the Google Play Store:

"At this time, it's not possible to transfer apps from one account to another.Some developers are willing to issue refunds for purchases on old accounts if you repurchase the app(s) using a new account. You can always reach out to the developer of an app, and you can find their contact information by following these steps:
  1. Visit Google Play and select the app in question
  2. On the app's description page, scroll down to the Developer section
  3. Find either an email address, phone number or website listed."