OK, we're down to the wire: Choose Unlimited Data, or Flagship Phone?

dmisc

Reaction score
If you pre ordered you're fine. If you order the 27th you're fine.. :) you will keep unlimited data :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

After doing more research, I did read that you get to keep your unlimited. I'm bummed because I just upgraded a line to get my MAXX. Luckily Costco gives 14 day return policy. I might have to return the maxx and preorder the sgsIII

xrpb11a

Reaction score
nikecar, you make some good points...if it weren't for the DRHD, I would already have my pre-order in for the SGS3. You've got me thinking.
There's nothing at all I don't like about the Galaxy, so why am I waiting two more months for a phone that hasn't even been officially announced yet? and might cost more anyway?
If I choose the Galaxy, I'll end up with a great phone AND unlimited data... problem solved.
Thanks! That's what I needed, someone to put it in perspective for me!

uhhh. one major thing about the galaxy....bigger screen...smaller battery = 1 day usage max...

droid HD will have min 2 days usage between charges. if you forget to plug in one day with razr HD, no problemo....

S3 will be DOA after 1 day with no plugin...

xrpb11a

Reaction score
i'm eligible for upgrade....but decided to wait for razr maxx hd...

all about the battery life...i forget to charge my phone at least 1x per week....and it doesn't last past morning starbucks grande iced mocha nonfat no whip 1/2 chocolate....

that big battery will eliminate DeadDroidsDueToSenility...:p

i have unlimited plan, but only use about 0.5 gigs a month max...don't see 4G making me use more, those 0.5 gigs will just arrive faster..

btw, what's with the "droid newbie" moniker?? i'm over 2yrs into my DroidX!!

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
uhhh. one major thing about the galaxy....bigger screen...smaller battery = 1 day usage max...

droid HD will have min 2 days usage between charges. if you forget to plug in one day with razr HD, no problemo....

The way I use my microcomputer that also happens to be a phone, is such that I need to charge it overnight anyway. My Bionic with extended battery needs to be charged each night.

It is a good thought though, to pick up the Galaxy SIII then decide which I'd rather have between it and the Razr Maxx HD/Vanquish. But I do crave battery life, no wifi at work and I rarely make the switch when I get home, rocking' 4G with occasional switches to 3G depending on where I am at work. Just want to use my upgrade before the 28th.

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score

I plug in my phone every night anyway, and I have a charger in my car and at my desk at work, so battery life is less of an issue for me.

SiGfever

Reaction score
Going from a Droid X battery to a SG3 battery will be a real pleasure. I also charge mine fully at night and have a charger in my vehicles so no issue there either.

Caesars

Reaction score
Everyone knows how bad DROID batteries are hehe, we are all pretty much in extended batteries or car CLAs lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Have two upgrades right now. Have no intention of renewing our contracts again. So I am transferring the two upgrades to our two unlimited lines, preordering two SGSIII'3 to lock in our unlimited one last time. Gonna turn right around and sell the two SIII's and then use the profits to buy the Razr HD full price. Unlimited will be locked in for two years and I should end up with around $300 in my pocket after it is all said and done.

Tap'd from my G'Tab 8.9

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is why its hard for me to switch to a non contract carrier

[video=youtube;M5eXZxYTrs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5eXZxYTrs4&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;OD2F65c8BQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD2F65c8BQU&feature=related[/video]

With the network now saturated the speeds for lte may have dropped a little but I am still seeing at minimum 3 m on a bad day.

Caesars

Reaction score
Yeah once you're normalized to having 4g that is super fast it would be hard to quit hehe. I think I could do it if Verizon made me mad enough, but only cause I have no practical use for 4g.

xrpb11a

Reaction score
I plug in my phone every night anyway, and I have a charger in my car and at my desk at work, so battery life is less of an issue for me.

I plug mine in every night also....my problem is sometimes, about 1x per week, i am distracted and forget....next day battery must be conserved.....

this 3100mah beast will eliminate this problem.

xrpb11a

Reaction score

well, now u have me thinking....i have car charger, but no battery charger at work....with the price of the droid razr hd speculated at 300....the difference with the S3 could get me an additional charger at work.....off to revisit the specs between the two....:biggrin:

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
well, now u have me thinking....i have car charger, but no battery charger at work....with the price of the droid razr hd speculated at 300....the difference with the S3 could get me an additional charger at work.....off to revisit the specs between the two....:biggrin:

Then my work here is done. LOL
Yeah, I'm never far from a phone charger...so if I factor out battery life, the SGS3 becomes more compelling: bigger screen; neat features like S-voice, smart stay, smart call, etc; and keeping unlimited data without having to pay an unsubsidized price.

xrpb11a

Reaction score

well, that was quick.
with the Kevlar case ( versus plastic looking s3), and the strong signal where others fail motorola radio chips, ( signal is everything ), and the big battery advantage, and my data average of 0.5 gigs/month, I'M WAITING FOR THE BELOVED DROID RAZR HD!!!

xrpb11a

Reaction score
Then my work here is done. LOL
Yeah, I'm never far from a phone charger...so if I factor out battery life, the SGS3 becomes more compelling: bigger screen; neat features like S-voice, smart stay, smart call, etc; and keeping unlimited data without having to pay an unsubsidized price.

If i really needed the unlimited data, i'd go with the S3 for now, with option to sell down the line for razr HD.

one other thing, with the bigger screen is the S3 physically bigger? I'm not sure i want to go much larger than my current droidX...without double checking, I think the RazrHD will be a little smaller overall than the S3....