Need to Make a Decision

jschlis

Reaction score
I use a Blackberry and a jailbroken iphone, using the bb as my phone, email and text tool. I feel each one has functionality that the other doesn't. For example BB has profiles that I can set for individual contacts that supersedes any ring/vibrate profile that I have set. Iphone is great for surfing. I want to get rid of both and carry one phone. In addition to an ipad I do have a Nexus 7 so I am familiar with the Android os. In researching the two phones that I am interested in, the Galaxy S3 and the Droid Maxx HD I come to one conclusion. Both have issues be it software or hardware. They lock up, become unresponsive, and require a battery (S3) pull or reboot(Maxx HD). The one thing about both phones that I run is that they do not need to be rebooted or require a battery pull. Is this a true assessment on my part or am I wrong?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I use a Blackberry and a jailbroken iphone, using the bb as my phone, email and text tool. I feel each one has functionality that the other doesn't. For example BB has profiles that I can set for individual contacts that supersedes any ring/vibrate profile that I have set. Iphone is great for surfing. I want to get rid of both and carry one phone. In addition to an ipad I do have a Nexus 7 so I am familiar with the Android os. In researching the two phones that I am interested in, the Galaxy S3 and the Droid Maxx HD I come to one conclusion. Both have issues be it software or hardware. They lock up, become unresponsive, and require a battery (S3) pull or reboot(Maxx HD). The one thing about both phones that I run is that they do not need to be rebooted or require a battery pull. Is this a true assessment on my part or am I wrong?

I'm not sure what you're asking is true. Do they or don't they? Though this comparison has been made many times so I'll sum it up.

I can say I never have any of those problems. Since I got the phone August 1st, I'd say I've only HAD to do a battery pull maybe two or three times, which is fine because it's a quick and simple solution to a stupid problem that most phones will have eventually. I'm still skeptical of the shut down with the Maxx HD. Every phone has the issues mentioned at some point, perhaps some more than others

But if battery life is your number one thing, the Maxx is the clear winner. Performance wise they'll be identical, GS3 has a few more "wow" features but they're mostly novelty stuff. I'd say the biggest deciding factor will be which one fits better in your hand? Personally I don't like the wrap around screen of the Maxx, the main reason I went with the GS3. Where the power button or headphone jack is. Stuff like that.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I had an original Razr Maxx prior to getting my SG3. Its batery life was awsume. I was actually unable to kill the phone in a 24 hour period. My son wanted to get a Razr Maxx so I sold him mine and upgraded to my SG3. Battery life is less but my daily experience leaves me with some where in the area of 25% with the SG3 where my Razr Maxx generally had some where between 35-65% remaining. I ended up getting a second battery right away for my SG3 but after the first month of useage I have not used the extra battery any time. The things that I wanted which the SG3 solved for me was a larger screen, more RAM, faster CPU and Jelly Bean upgrade. All of these have proved for me at least worth the upgrade.