Thinking About Getting A Different Phone

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by daudi81, Nov 26, 2012.

1. daudi81

daudi81 New Member

My wife is due for an upgrade next week - and she wants to get a Galaxy S3. She loves mine.

So I have the option of just giving her mine, and then getting something else to use the upgrade for.

I'm thinking either the Droid DNA or Maxx HD - anyone know how they fare against the S3?

I love the S3, don't get me wrong - the only complaints that I have are:

1) sunlight screen performance is horrid - would like to get something I can actually see during the day outside with my sunglasses on. My buddie's iphone 5 fares much better than my S3 in the sunlight.
    2) cheap and slippery materials. I came directly from a moto maxx, and it felt more sturdy. Plus I get small little scratches all over the S3's screen, while my Maxx never had that problem. I dropped my Maxx a few times, and never on the S3 - explain that one?
    3) not a fan of the OS compared to stock android or moto's OS. I even like HTC's sense better.

However GS3 is awesome in every other way. Great battery, superb camera (for a phone), screen quality (indoors only), great reception, etc. It's overall just a great phone.

Wouldn't mind the DNA though. Seems to have everything I want - nicer screen screen and better outdoors quality, bigger (I have huge hands, so I don't mind the extra size), sturdy materials, better OS (opinion), wireless charging seems cool. Looks like I'd be taking a hit on the camera quality though - which isn't a huge deal I guess.

Maxx HD seems like a great all around phone that does pretty much every good, and nothing bad. Favorite OS, other than stock android. Battery is a huge plus - I really miss my old MAXX's longevity.

Anyone in the same conundrum? Any advice? I'm not sure what to do - part of me just wants something different so my wife and I don't have the exact same phone =)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. jared845

jared845 New Member

Get another s3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  3. GoBears

GoBears New Member

I also came from a Maxx. I think my S3 is superior in every way except for battery life. I personally would never get the DNA because of the sealed in battery and only 11gb of usable space (no sd card either). Maxx HD I would've considered but the camera is terrible. I think it's even worse than the regular Maxx. I'm also a huge fan of the unlocked bootloader on the S3. Keeps my tinkering side happy with lots of stuff to flash. My next device without a doubt is the GNote2 as soon as I can buy one on CL for BigRed.
  4. daudi81

daudi81 New Member

Oh yea...forgot about the gnote2. That is definitely on the list...it's just not available for Verizon yet. But it might be by the time my wife's upgrade is up in a few days. I actually like the big screen thing...I don't understand why ppl think its too big.
  5. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

Not trying to be funny, but all the things you dont like about S3, the Note 2 has.
  6. daudi81

daudi81 New Member

Very true. I think the screen in the note 2 is supposed to be better if i remember right. Plus i really like the idea of a huge screen and it has a longer battery to boot. I'll go to the Verizon store and play with both of them.
  7. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Just remember bigger screen = more strain on the battery, even at 3100. Just saying. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  8. TDevilsG

TDevilsG New Member

Just get another s3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Well-Known Member

Good ideal.I played with the DNA,it's ok,very well built.I think the S3's cam is better.