Need to hard reset but don't want to loose flash

gumdropz

Reaction score
I have a droid eris flashed to metro pcs. I can't log into the market because i don't know the password. Is there any way i can delete the market account? I dont want to do a hard reset because i heard it gets rid of the flash.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are having problems getting into the market it is the same password as your Google password.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
G

gumdropz

Reaction score
If you are having problems getting into the market it is the same password as your Google password.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

Like i said, i don't know the password. I bought the phone used.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you get an Android phone you either have to sign in with your google account or create one. I assume it could be the same even if it has been flashed to another network. That google account then links to any thing you buy on the market. The question then becomes is your google account the one that is on the phone or is it someone else's. You can go into the settings and remove the google account or any account for that matter. Then sign in with your google account. Not sure if you have tried this yet?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you tried putting your account in before deleting the other one? I'm unfamiliar with the Eris in general, to be honest, but I'd think that should allow you to delete the account. If you've already tried that then I'm at a loss.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The original email account can only be deleted with a factory reset. Read up on those tutorials and be prepared to flash it back over to metro.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ahmeda135

Reaction score
So did you ever figure out if the reset erase the flashing info? I have a hero, and am having a few problems with my messaging and phone apps constantly force closing. It was working great until I screwed with it. If I can get it back to where it was right after i had it flashed, that would be great. Let me know if you figured it out thanks

OP
G

gumdropz

Reaction score
So did you ever figure out if the reset erase the flashing info? I have a hero, and am having a few problems with my messaging and phone apps constantly force closing. It was working great until I screwed with it. If I can get it back to where it was right after i had it flashed, that would be great. Let me know if you figured it out thanks

didnt find out but i'll just reset it anyway and go get it flashed again

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi Gumdropz
How did you take care your droid login problem with the app Market? I have same problem. I don't know the password either. I also bought my droid X use. My droid is already flash to Metro PCS and everything run very smooth. I don't want to do Factory Data Reset. Because I don't want to lose Metro Pcs setup. Is there another way to correct this login problem to the market? I need help please. Anything, any advices, any ideas. Thank you in advance.