App 2 SD?

uEih

Reaction score
Hey everyone i'm starting to run out of space on my eris and i need to run my apps off of my SD but i'm having a hard time getting it to work.. I heard you need to flash a rom for app to sd to work and that's what i don't want to do.. I like SenseUI too much to flash any custom rom. Is there anyway to do it without flashing a rom? Thanks.

C

cdexsw

there are custom 2.1 roms that are sense based.

i would not advise using a2sd/app2sd as sdcards usually do not like to be partitioned and the life of the card is greatly decreased.

a2sd/app2sd is not the same as Froyo a2sd/app2sd. Froyo a2sd/app2sd stores the apps in a hidden file (.android_secure) on the sdcard where as a2sd/app2sd partitions the sdcard utilizing the move ext3 to ext4 command for storage the apps. also the stock sdcard (class2) is too slow and some apps may hang or cause force closes. some folks report great results while others not so good.

my advice, delete some of those apps you don't use often and dont bother with a2sd/app2sd as its more trouble than its worth.

Edit: also Froyo was never released to the eris. so the froyo version of a2sd/app2sd is not included with ANY froyo rom for the eris. also sense is not included either with ANY froyo rom for the eris.

Zaph0d

Reaction score
Undo App 2 SD

My App 2 SD is hanging - "Calculating packages size".
I am on Froyo on a non-rooted Droid X*.

So if I want to use the Froyo app 2 SD and uninstall the app market one, do I need to undo anything?

TIA
-D

(*Yes, I know this is HTC Eris forum but this post was the only relevant one to my search.)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My App 2 SD is hanging - "Calculating packages size".
I am on Froyo on a non-rooted Droid X*.

So if I want to use the Froyo app 2 SD and uninstall the app market one, do I need to undo anything?

TIA
-D

(*Yes, I know this is HTC Eris forum but this post was the only relevant one to my search.)
Zaph0d, you will get more help in the Droid X board. The Eris and X are at opposite ends of the android spectrum.
Droid X Tech Issues - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum