Need some guidance - which phone should I go with?

MonaCK

Reaction score
So I find myself a bit stymied.

Some background information: I was an early adapter and have an original Droid which I am very much looking forward to upgrading (and am eligable for an early upgrade with Verizon that I would like to take advantage of). The Droid has been a great phone, but it's sluggish, and honestly, one of the biggest complaints I have about it is the lousy camera. I know that this is not the end-all be-all as far as how a phone should act is concerned, but honestly, I always have my phone on me, and don't always have my camera and would like to have something a bit higher quality for on the fly photographs.

That being said: here is where my priorities are in regards to a new phone.

1. Call quality. My cell phone is my primary phone, and I also use it for business. I need to make sure that whatever phone I get is going to give me great call quality so I don't end up upsetting my customers.

2. A decent camera

3. GPS - I no longer have a regular GPS and have come to rely on the Droid to get me from point a to point b.

Everything else is mostly secondary. I was thinking that I would like to go 4G as if I am going to have to keep the phone for another year and a half to two years, i would rather have something that's on the cutting edge of technology rather than something that is already behind the times before I bring it home from the store.

I have gone to the Verizon store and played with both the Thunderbolt and Samsung Charge in my hands. Both feel okay to me - though the Charge is lighter in my hands. I know that the Thunderbolt has had it's issues, but from what I've come to believe, many of the issues have been addressed in the latest update.

I likely will not root the phone, but you never know.

I'm very confused. :) Any help would be wonderful.... :)

Thanks!
Mona

VandyDroid

Reaction score
I just got the D3 and I love it. I had a D2 prior and actually loved it but wanted the newer android system and the front facing camera (web) for video calls. I love this phone and I am still learning all the neat features it has. It is extremely fast and the camera takes great pictures. :)dancedroid

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
As always the Bionic. I am waiting for it because I want 4g (service at my home/work/school) and I wanted dual core just to be up to date. I am running my OG Droid on a custom ROM and kernel and various other tweaks so it it not too laggy, sadly with a lot of the new phones they come loaded with crapware and require root just to get running to optimal speed. I dont think that call quality is an issue with any modern phone but I could very well be wrong.