Which Phone Has Better Camera Quality

awriternot

Reaction score
About to upgrade but it seems as with the rest of the Android phones, mediocre camera quality is present. Any known Verizon phones with a better quality? Not to compare but I haven't found one yet that touches the camera quality of the iPhone. Help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

1tfrot

Reaction score
my rezound seems to take better pics than my friends iphone4s. jmo

I have a real camera for taking high quality pics though, so I don't worry about using a cell phone for "quality" pic taking ;)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say the Rezound has the best quality of any Android phone out there. It's also very fast. It's easily on par with my wife's 4S. HTC cameras in general, especially in phones this past year, are top of the line on Android. But the Rezound is really the first that I think is on par with the iPhone.

kparks

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say the Rezound has the best quality of any Android phone out there. It's also very fast. It's easily on par with my wife's 4S. HTC cameras in general, especially in phones this past year, are top of the line on Android. But the Rezound is really the first that I think is on par with the iPhone.

Yup I agree with the others rezound is sweet.. The extended battery is on sale for 30$ also just unadvertised if u need a bigger battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and it takes good photos.

My girlfriend has an HTC Thunderbolt and it takes better photos.

Even when we do a Bluetooth photo file transfer and I view them on my phone they just look better.

They are both 8mp cameras.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jchammer123

Reaction score
I strongly believe that the rezound has the best camera in a phone right now.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
I've seen a few reviews stating that the HTC One X running android 4.0 bests the Galaxy Nexus for speed. It's not out yet though and no US release date that I know of. But it has a quad core in it. And it should be awesome.

This year we'll start seeing many more quad-core phones. Next step would be more robust graphics add well, then we'll eventually be able to run any application on our phones that will rub on out computers.

Just be aware that there is more on the horizon. But there is also always something new coming next so don't hesitate to buy now, otherwise you'll always be waiting for the next best thing. But also be aware that a 4G LTE, quad-core, ICS running smartphone is on the way and will be the thing to have.

Honestly though, if I were going to be buying right now myself I would probably be getting the Razr Maxx since it is so sexy and the hardware ain't that bad either.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

loki993

Reaction score
Everything I read before I bought My Rezound said it had the best camera. Ive only taken a few pics with it since I've gotten it though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm with jnt. The Rezound's camera blows any current phones' camera on Verizon out of the water, it's pretty amazing really.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah, the Rezound has an awesome camera, especially for Macro shots:

View attachment 49359View attachment 49360

These are shots of my pet Leopard Gecko. They are not photoshopped and are using default settings. Auto-focus also works very well, but you can touch-to-focus on anything in the scene, even stuff an inch away, and the camera will focus on it great.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Do not be suckered by the MP argument...Quality has little to do with MP most of the time. Look for how clean (artifact and noise free) the image is, how well it focuses, how detailed it is close up, how accurate it's colors are. Really, anything over 3 or 4 MP is pretty superfluous most of the time IMO.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Do not be suckered by the MP argument...Quality has little to do with MP most of the time. Look for how clean (artifact and noise free) the image is, how well it focuses, how detailed it is close up, how accurate it's colors are. Really, anything over 3 or 4 MP is pretty superfluous most of the time IMO.

Obviously the iPhone is a cut above the rest. My rezound takes awesome pictures. Clear and colorful,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a real camera for taking high quality pics though, so I don't worry about using a cell phone for "quality" pic taking ;)

I have been meaning to compare identical pictures .. phone vs. Canon

----posted maxx'ed out----

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Here are some more...These are of my pet Anole, and are what you could expect in low-light:

View attachment 49361View attachment 49362

The Rezound does have a double LED flash, but I am loathe to use it unless I have to. Natural light is always better. But the Rezound's low light abilities, while better than previous cameras, still leave a lot to be desired.