Which old Android Phone?

ovaltine123

Reaction score
I'm really sick of the Droid 3 and was thinking of buying a different phone. I dont have a lot of money to spend so I was planning on buying a gently used or refurbished phone on ebay or something like that. The phones I have looked at are: Samsung Charge, Motorola Thunderbolt, Motorola Bionic, and the LG Revolution.

Things that are important to me:
-large screen
-good camera
-fast
-has to be a verizon phone
-thinness

I've looked at these phones quite a bit but i just cant get it narrowed down. What do you guys think of these phones?

wcjeep

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt is HTC. Of those listed I would go with the Bionic. The LG phones I've played with all had the funky LG skin on top of Android. Thunderbolt known for eating the battery. Charge is a single core phone. The Charge is an ok phone. The Bionic is dual core and scheduled for ICS.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'd also take a look at the Incredible 2. Even though it's a single core phone it's actually very fast. It's a solid phone with very few issues and it's due to get ICS by the end of August. (according to HTC) I had one before my Rezound. My wife is using it now and it's as good as new. Not a single issue. It's probably the best 3g phone VZ put out.

Kobe24

Reaction score
Id give another vote for the Bionic, just a great phone.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd say the Bionic. Its cheap, same specs as the RAZR (minus the battery and screen) and will be getting ICS.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Bionic....already has a flawless ICS leak too. an underrated phone I'd you ask me.wouldn't trade it for anything current.

bobbyp

Reaction score
+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
O

ovaltine123

Reaction score
i've looked at some pictures and the bionic seems pretty thick. Which of these phones has the biggest screen? Which of these phones is the thinnest? Any other phones you would suggest? Basically I'm looking for a phone like the Razr but cant pay the price

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
The bionic is the previous phone to the razr. The razr was the first super thin moto phone. If you want that level of thinness, I'm not sure what you'll find older and still that thin.

Unless you can wait a few months for the new razr hd, in which time the og razr should drop in price.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The bionic is an excellent phone. It has a 4.3" screen so for its size its really not that big. The razr is so thin due to its non-removable battery. Do truth be told (having owned a bionic, wife has the razr) you cant beat it. Dont believe everything you read. Sure the bionic had a rough start but has since become a solid phone.

Sent from my DROID4

wcjeep

Reaction score
The bionic was very late to market. They changed out the chip set. Not sure what else changed adding to delays. Had the Device came out when pRomised it would be better regarded.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
From your list its pretty simple......the Bionic all the way!!! Its one of the best phones on the market today and it's been out long enough that you can get some really good deals!!! The phone is just "RockSolid" ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums