need new lg g2

rae1rae

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg g2
Hello. My LG G2 was stolen last week. Luckily, I have an old android phone I am currently using. I literally renewed my contract with verizon last week and now need to buy a new phone out of pocket with no contract deal. Any advice on where to look...amazon? ebay? Im just skeptical to buy a used phone. Have any of you done this before?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Call VZ. Tell them what happened. Perhaps they will give you the G3 for $99.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I don't normally buy used phones for myself. I have bought then for other folks. Swappa.com would be your best bet.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Swappa is the best bet ...and since G3 is out now you should be able to get a good deal on G2 with accessories...

M8 tap'd

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Buying from eBay or Craigslist is a huge gamble. I sold a few phones on Swappa with great results.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the rae1rae! First, contact Verizon to suspend your MEID so nobody can activate your device or attempt to use their SIM card in it. Second, ask them about their "Certified Pre-owned Replacement Program". If you didn't purchase any insurance for your device, you're eligible for one replacement device every 12 months. You can also go onto Verizon's website or into one of their stores to see which devices you are eligible for under this service.

If you don't want to go this route, Swappa would be your best bet (& safest) if you're buying used.
I would also look into putting insurance on it depending on what device you get. If you go with Verizon's "basic" protection (coverage includes lost, stolen or accidental damage) it's only 5 bucks a month.
Good luck & let us know how you make out!

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard and sorry to hear about your loss of the G2 - cr6 definitely has given some great advice above, definitely keep us posted.