New to Forums

solareclipsed

Reaction score
Hello I am new to the forums. I am trying to decide on what phone to buy. I am on the Ntelos network. I am looking at the motorola milestone as was wondering if there is any major issues with this phone and if it is a good phone. I have about a week before I can renew my contract so I am checking before it is time.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and im sure you will love the upgrade. The Milestone is a pretty solid phone and not many problems from what i have read on it. Would the D2G work on that network? Also feel free to make yourself at home here in the community

OP
S

solareclipsed

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea if other phones would work on the network. This will be my first smartphone so I am trying to learn about them before I buy.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I know someone will see this that knows and hopefully they will post but just in my opinion the milestone is a solid android device and also is supported by jrummy's app for overclocking it. Also has pretty good support behind it.

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
S

solareclipsed

Reaction score
Yes they do carry the HTC Desire and they also have the new samsung Showcase. I was looking at the milestone mainly because it is $50 cheaper then the desire and right now running a special for buy one get one free so I can get my wife one also. Just wanted to make sure they were good phones before I bought one.

OP
S

solareclipsed

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the HTC Hero. They have those in stock also at the local store and was wondering how good they were? This would be for my wife actually.
As far as for me I am now considering the Milestone X or the Samsung Showcase...what are your thoughts about those 2 phones....which would be better? Or the HTC Desire?

OP
S

solareclipsed

Reaction score
Can all of the 3 choices I have posted be modded or are they locked? I just want to make sure I get one that after I learn what I am doing with it I can do hacks and such. I know some phones are locked and cant be done so I want to make sure I dont buy one of them.

Also are there articles to read that would teach me about what all the terms mean and what different things do. I am kinda stupid when it comes to this stuff.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Can all of the 3 choices I have posted be modded or are they locked? I just want to make sure I get one that after I learn what I am doing with it I can do hacks and such. I know some phones are locked and cant be done so I want to make sure I dont buy one of them.

Also are there articles to read that would teach me about what all the terms mean and what different things do. I am kinda stupid when it comes to this stuff.

IMO I don't like either of those phones but what doesn't work for me may work for others. maybe look into the new Thunderbolt for u and the new Incredible 2 for ur wife. any phone can be rooted IF done correctly. some doesn't have to be rooted to do basic customizations but if ur looking into changing ROMs then root is what ur gonna need to do. here is a link to terminology to help u out a little
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

http://m.gizmodo.com/5595010/how-to-be-an-android-power-user

http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
S

solareclipsed

Reaction score
Unfortunately those phones are not available on the ntelos network. Basically the ones I listed are the ones I can get.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd get the desire bit I know nothing about that Samsung.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Sorry I missed that part of ur thread. Then maybe as Poon mentioned, check out the Desire.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA